MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
tmcmaster
is One Chatty Farker

Default Flat Fee vending

I have an oppertunity to do a few vending gigs with a few local auto dealerships, but they want an option to pay me a flat fee for the day, and then not charge thier customers.

2 Questions...

1 - Am I about to be taken for a ride?

2 - If the above answer is NO, what would the board charge for pulled pork sammies, brisket sammies, beans and a beverage?

Thanks!!

Old 10-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

The thing to remember is that if they are car dealerships they are going to try and rip you off...

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
jagardn
Full Fledged Farker

The Car Dealers should be making enough money to pay you pretty well.

If it were me, I would come up with a pricing structure and charge them a flat rate per pound of whatever you are making. That way you can't lose money unless you do your math wrong. If whatever they order ends up being gone before the end of the event...that's too bad. Just my opinion.

It has always been my theory that if you are not making money its known as a hobby. My hobby is for me...business is business.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

$7.00 per person, sell them a flat amount. Get paid up front then sell out!
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
Marsha
Full Fledged Farker

Is there an estimate of how many people you will feed, or have they said how many they want you to feed? What if you bring food for 50 people and only 18 people eat? I say ask them to sign a contract or agreement that spells out what each of you expects from this deal.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
tmcmaster
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
$7.00 per person, sell them a flat amount. Get paid up front then sell out!
Nice!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha View Post
Is there an estimate of how many people you will feed, or have they said how many they want you to feed? What if you bring food for 50 people and only 18 people eat? I say ask them to sign a contract or agreement that spells out what each of you expects from this deal.
It would vary by dealership and event... But, I would much rather just 'rent the space' from them, and sell at my own prices, that way I know what I know...

Thanks all!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #7
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Sammy beans and beverage - $8.00 per. But I would price based on so muck pork, brisket and beans and give a per event price. If they say 100 customers to be fed then $800 for the event and cook 60% pork and 40% brisket. So quote is for 15 lbs cooked weight of pork and 10 lbs brisket. Hope I did the math right. Plus 400 oz of beans. I'd cook at least 10% extra.

Invoice would read 15 lbs pork, 10 lbs brisket, 400 oz beans and 100 cans of pop. Cost $800 plus tax. Would include a beffet server setup and onsite cooker to blow smoke. And have lots of business cards to hand out.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcmaster View Post
I have an oppertunity to do a few vending gigs with a few local auto dealerships, but they want an option to pay me a flat fee for the day, and then not charge thier customers.

2 Questions...

1 - Am I about to be taken for a ride?

2 - If the above answer is NO, what would the board charge for pulled pork sammies, brisket sammies, beans and a beverage?

Thanks!!

I'd do $250 flat rate - all they can eat & drink.

*Plus $3.50 per sandwich "vendor prep", 4% surcharge for transportation, 5% surcharge for taxes, $150 processing fee, $72.36 for one day vend permits, 3.2% charge for general vend materials, $75 for disposal of hazardous wastes, 75 cents per head for the optional plates and forks, $1.68 per soda for optional drink ice and cups, 2% credit check fee, 4% bank processing and finance fees, and $1500 for additional vendor profit (you're in demand don't cha know)
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289

Last edited by Slamdunkpro; 10-26-2009 at 10:37 AM..
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #9
Uncle Buds BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post

*Plus $3.50 per sandwich "vendor prep", 4% surcharge for transportation, 5% surcharge for taxes, $150 processing fee, $72.36 for one day vend permits, 3.2% charge for general vend materials, $75 for disposal of hazardous wastes, 75 cents per head for the optional plates and forks, $1.68 per soda for optional drink ice and cups, 2% credit check fee, 4% bank processing and finance fees, and $1500 for additional vendor profit (you're in demand don't cha know)
Oh....that's funny!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
Jerk Pit Master
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:

Priceless!!!!!
Jerk Pit Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
ChicagoSizzlin
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:

Take that car dealership !!! awesome Slam!

Proud Owner of a UDS & UDG

My UDG - Ugly Drum Grill

Member of the Drumhead Club
ChicagoSizzlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #12
Cook
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jay

Quote:

Funniest thing I've seen on this site!

Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
Jerk Pit Master
Knows what a fatty is.

Too funny!

A flat fee vending job is a catering job. Handle accordingly, and make sure you have a tip jar.
Jerk Pit Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #14
Learnin Querve
Full Fledged Farker

A tip jar? At a catered event? Now that's tacky....

Chris
Learnin Querve is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #15
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Pit Master View Post
Too funny!

A flat fee vending job is a catering job. Handle accordingly, and make sure you have a tip jar.
Vending and catering aren't even in the same zip codes!

Totally different animals.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->