Brunswick Stew with

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
no cornbread right now. Run out of eggs and to lazy to run back to the store. But I will make a pan of crackling cornbread tomorrow. Still has a long time to simmer but once it thickens it's mine. Not but about 2 gallons so I want be able to share much of it.:biggrin:

Oh yeah, I put 4 # of pulled turkey breast and 4# of pulled pork from the freezer. Did the boil in bag method with the pork. Doubled bag and dropped in almost boiling water. Came out perfect.

turkey058.jpg

turkey064.jpg

turkey062.jpg

turkey065.jpg

Letting it simmer now to allow it to turn into stew.
turkey067.jpg

Starting to thicken up now. No one wants to wait so there already eating. Here is some pics of theres. I'm waiting til it's just right.

turkey068.jpg

turkey069.jpg

turkey070.jpg

It's turning out pretty good. Has an awesome flavor.

it's lookin good jacob. you need a nice chunk of crusty bread with that.

my turkey soup is more like TURKEY soup cause there's more turkey than soup in it !!

Damn that looks good! You will be amazed at how fast you can go through a couple of gallons of stew once your friends and neighbors have a taste! I liked that you used okra, which I love. I didn't use it this time due to the fact that I was too lazy to go to the store. Let me know how it tastes this morning, as I prefer it the second day. Also, where did you find your recipe?

Finished

It was worth the wait. I was still to lazy to go after the eggs for the cornbread. so I made a whole cake(buttermilk bread). I think it goes better with this anyway.

turkey071.jpg

turkey072.jpg

I followed a recipe I pulled from the web. In the end I still didn't have the flavor I was looking for. So to the Thyme, dry mustard, black peppercorns, Wooster sauce, I added 1 cup my BBQ sauce and 1 cup of honey BBQ sauce and simmered all night. Also added fresh minced garlic. And it is darn good.:biggrin::biggrin::eek:

Looks good! Except for the okra:shock: just a personal thing....no reflection on your cooking:biggrin:

Looks great Jacob!

How did it go over with the family?

Looks great Jacob!

How did it go over with the family?

All liked it pretty good. I noticed they stayed up most the night playing Gin. Found soup bowls sitting everywhere the next morning and a little more than a half gallon of stew missing.:biggrin::cool:

Back