oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:36 PM   #2746
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith View Post
there is something missing on your new menu under the mac n cheese in the kids meal section
Yeah when I converted the file it cut off some text. Have to fix that.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2015, 03:40 PM   #2747
Bperkins01
On the road to being a farker

love your updates - thank you!

Old 07-28-2015, 05:18 PM   #2748
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Busy busy busy at the pig. Finally got confirmation on the notre dame gig today. That was huge and been anxiously awaiting. Right now, pretty much every weekend through September is already booked with events or catering. Even got a few off site cooking events for companies throwing their annual picnics and such.

It's a good and bad thing. Great to be booking all of these, but I've had to make some tough choices and turn down events I really wanted to do. Can't do it all, and don't want to spread too thin trying.

Last week we also got voted in the top three BBQ joints in the region for a second straight year. How famous daves beat us I'll never know. And the south bend tribune and an area magazine will be running stories on the restaurant in the coming weeks. All welcomed exposure for sure.

And then with all the good is the bad to balance things out. Payroll issues, insurance audits, having one of the coolers break down in the middle of a busy weekend, etc. comes with the territory I suppose.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2015, 05:27 PM   #2749
THoey1963
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Thanks for the update. Always glad to hear how you are doing...

LSG 24"x30"x36" Vertical Upright Smoker with Warming Oven
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5" - Weber Genesis S-330
Pitmaster IQ-120 - Thermapen - Maverick ET-733

For info on any mods I have done to my WSM, please see this post.
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #2750
PatAttack
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by THoey1963 View Post
^^^Absolutely!
Maverick ET-732
Stealthy Fast Black Thermapen
"You have never lived until you have almost died". "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know".-Unknown Vietnam Soldier
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2015, 08:12 AM   #2751
NickTheGreat
is One Chatty Farker

LOL. Famous Dave's

Old 07-29-2015, 08:43 AM   #2752
hammb
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THoey1963 View Post
Agreed!

I'm bummed that our camping trip a few weeks ago was cut short due to severe weather on Saturday night. There went my plans to stop by the Pig on Sunday afternoon. I called and it was too late on Saturday for us to get any BBQ. Seriously bummed since I don't make it over to that part of Michigan more than once a year at best. Hopefully next summer I can make it over there and stop in!

And don't sweat the Famous Dave's thing. The general public cannot be trusted when it comes to food. I use Yelp all the time when I'm in a new place looking for restaurants and everywhere you look you'll find stuff like Applebee's, Famous Daves, Pizza Hut, etc mixed in with the local options when looking for a place to eat. Heck, I have friends that genuinely believe BW3 is a good place to eat...
hammb is offline   Reply With Quote