2011 Jack Daniel's Road Trip Thread...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
When ya leavin', how ya goin', when ya gettin' thar, and where ya stayin'...gotta practice my lazy lip for all my Tennessee kinfolk that will be invadin' our camp lookin' for free vittles. Lol!

We're buggin' out the Saturday before and driving the 90 from Duvall...pullin' in to Tullahoma on Wednesday evening and staying at the Holiday Inn Express. We're heading ack home the following Monday...not sure what route yet...depends on the weather. Safe travels everyone!

No details worked out yet, but look forward to meeting you there. :becky:

Our road trip consist of a 16 hour/3700 mile plane ride:scared: to Huntsville Alabama, hop in a RV/rental....run around town picking up last minute items /good places to eat some local foods an sites.... then hitting the Jack and bbqing our butts off ...... after its all over we headed to the big race with Nascar @ :hail:Talladega Sunday afternoon oh yea! rednecks every where!:dancer:

Leaving the Kansas City area on Tuesday late afternoon on the 625 mile trip to Lynchburg! Going to Paducah, Kentucky the first night (reservations made) then rolling into Lynchburg around noon on Wednesday. Hopefully they'll let us set up at least canopies and drop the smoker trailer. Then Wednesday and Thursday night, staying in Tullahoma as well. Friday night, we are THERE on site, baybeee!!! No hotels at any other comp (ok two but only because one was AT a hotel and the other was 1 billion degrees!)! Not changing a thing! Roughin' it in the van - if'n I can even sleep at all!

Leaving the Kansas City area on Tuesday late afternoon on the 625 mile trip to Lynchburg! Going to Paducah, Kentucky the first night (reservations made) then rolling into Lynchburg around noon on Wednesday. Hopefully they'll let us set up at least canopies and drop the smoker trailer. Then Wednesday and Thursday night, staying in Tullahoma as well. Friday night, we are THERE on site, baybeee!!! No hotels at any other comp (ok two but only because one was AT a hotel and the other was 1 billion degrees!)! Not changing a thing! Roughin' it in the van - if'n I can even sleep at all!

I used to pull on site all-nighters cookin' low-n-slow...but now I get to sleep in...;o)...safe travels...see ya there!

I think we're heading out Tuesday, for a straight thru shot, arriving in Tullahoma late that night.

I was planning on arriving Thursday and staying on the grounds instead of getting a hotel. Hopefully that's allowed.

Is it better to get there earlier? We were kinda planning on arriving on Thursday afternoon. I'll leave earlier though. Is there power there?

I was hoping to do my 30th at the Jack, even started trying to get in before last years event. But alas they have rejected my offer in favor of some local upidy up.
I don't know how you can crown a "World Champion" using politicians and local dignitarys for judges.
Enough sour grapes, guess I'll go to the Royal instead.
Ed

I was planning on arriving Thursday and staying on the grounds instead of getting a hotel. Hopefully that's allowed.

Yep...it's allowed...lot's of campers there...:becky:

Is it better to get there earlier? We were kinda planning on arriving on Thursday afternoon. I'll leave earlier though. Is there power there?

Yes...there is power...ya just have to get near a lightpole that has it working. Last year there was a bit of an issue with not enough working outlets near our camp...hopefully they have it squared away this year.

We did not have power last year and had to run the generators all week. It was not a problem, just be prepared!

We are leaving on Tuesday pulling into Nashville to pick up the RV and then to the Holiday Inn Express in Tullahoma on Wednesday. Safe travels to everyone. Half our team is staying onsite and the other half back at the hotel..

Sounds like we've got an easy trip in comparison. 8 1/2 hour flight to Washington, 1 3/4 hour flight to Nashville. Get there Monday, then hire car to Tullahoma on the Thursday. Stay til Monday then back to Nashville for the trip back. Can't wait to see old friends and make some new ones. Safe trip y'all.

Leaving Boston Wednesday AM and hope to roll into Lynchburg Noon on Thursday. Have rooms at the HIE in Tullahoma. We are usually setup around the racetrack.

I think we will be there sometime Thursday. Hopefully in the morning. I have a feeling we will be driving straight through.

Leaving Boston Wednesday AM and hope to roll into Lynchburg Noon on Thursday. Have rooms at the HIE in Tullahoma. We are usually setup around the racetrack.

Hey Chris, how do they assign spots? Do return teams usually get their spaces back the next year? Thanks!

Back