MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #31
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post

Spout off all intelligent like while you simply assemble some farking unit per manufacturers instructions and then remind us all how a farking UDS works

This video is not designed for US. In addition, is it a product review that does not try and push the PBC on its potential buyer. I am sure Noah probably may not totally appreciate me giving the UDS so much air time or that I kind of leave the decision up to the watcher...I am purposely trying to make sure I let the viewer know they can go either way. The PBC is just easier.... order it, open it, use it - DONE.

Assembly of PBC... 30 seconds.... the uds per my UDS video.... 2 days. In two days you could have bbqed all sorts of things.... however.... as of yet, you can't slow smoke or make pizzas on the PBC. lol

Seriously. Even if you came out and said "This PBC is so farking awesome I threw away every other unit I ever owned, and when I fire it up all the women in town flock to my yard and start dry humping my leg", I STILL would be on the fence about it or a UDS.

Once again Chris, I "pimped" the UDS. I have other girls... anything a guy would need. I do not work for PBC so I am gonna just state the facts as I see them and let the buyer decide. This was called the "soft sell" in the car biz. We used it for those people turned off by the hard sell. Essentially... each smoker has its merits....

For the guy that IS a tinkerer and enjoys it, unless he wants to tinker with the PBC (and I am surely going to make it variable) - the guy that says "I ain't spending that much MONEY on a farking drum!" - he is gonna go the UDS way. If he likes that extra 100 bucks he saves can be spent on meat as far as he sees it... OR SOME of that money could be spent drilling 4 holes (Possibly six), dialing back his vents, cutting the rebar and bending 14 or more hooks to make his own PBC inspired UDS hanger system.

For the guy that is not a tinkerer OR who wants to tinker on other things besides something he cooks on... the guy that says "I ain't spending that much TIME on a farking drum!" - he is gonna go the PBC way. That extra 100 bucks is worth avoiding the hassles of a UDS. The time he saves can be spent cooking and tweaking his recipes and technique.

I mean seriously, why the fark should I believe you over my own opinion that I am going to form after watching all 85 bajillion other faring BBQ videos out there by the other clones with that same farking guitar riff and their differing opinions on cookers and what BBQ is exactly?

Remember, this video was not for you. We often forget, and I was reminded of this when I started indexing the UDS Thread. There are scores of people that have a pedestrian interest in BBQ. As I went through the UDS thread I was floored by the scores of people that joined our forum, thanked us for the UDS thread, posted their UDS build and never commented further. There were lots of them. Essentially they got what they needed and went on with life.... or.... perhaps they may have died or were murdered in a horrible way. After all, surveys prove that 93% of us will die at some point in our lives.

There are the guys and gals that have limited money, space, tools, initiative to tinker, skills, welders, ability to burn out a UDS in their neighborhood, a truck to get a UDS, perhaps live in an apartment, and time to mess with a UDS.... those will buy the PBC or some ready made smoker.

As far as why they should listen to be...

I am Pitmaster T Byatch!

Hey, there may be others that think the same way so I thought I'd comment. This video I hope you understand is NOT intended for guys like us.
Facebook
Pitmaster T is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #32
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

2 questions:

-Who is playing guitar?

-Why don't they make a half grate thingee so you can hang ribs/chix etc. on one rod and throw a pan of beans on the grate at the same time?

Oh - one more question - who is playing guitar?
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #33
DriverWild
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Good freaking Lord.

Kill me now.

First off...It's just like every other farking BBQ video on the farking interwebz...you know the one. There's a farking bajillion of them, and they all have the EXACT same farking music line stumbling in the background to try and make me feel all impressed that they must know their farking BBQ chit because it's some bluesy guitar jam bullcrap. AND I LIKE BLUES AND BLUES ROCK! I just don't feel particularly impressed by someones video just because they spent more time trying to pick the farking music than putting thought into their farking video! FARK! HOW COULD YOU RUIN YOUR REPUTATION LIKE THIS???

Second, you seem really dorky and boring. I mean, seriously, I'm not sure how the fark I am still awake after ten farking minutes of watching you stand there and flapping your arms like you don't know what to do with them while you try and spout off all intelligent like while you simply assemble some farking unit per manufacturers instructions and then remind us all how a farking UDS works. HOW COULD YOU RUIN YOUR REPUTATION LIKE THIS?????

Now, granted, if I was completely farking new to all this BBQ stuff, and I thought my entire freaking life and future of all things BBQ hinged on the single decision of deciding whether or not I buy a PBC or build a UDS for my first "real" smoker as I graduate from the farking crock farking pot, then MAYBE I would manage to stay awake...but you could have wrapped all that up in under a minute instead of flapping your arms around at your side yabbering on and one for 11 farking minutes!

Honestly, if I was that new, I probably STILL wouldn't know whether or not I wanted a UDS or a PBC. Seriously. Even if you came out and said "This PBC is so farking awesome I threw away every other unit I ever owned, and when I fire it up all the women in town flock to my yard and start dry humping my leg", I STILL would be on the fence about it or a UDS. I mean seriously, why the fark should I believe you over my own opinion that I am going to form after watching all 85 bajillion other faring BBQ videos out there by the other clones with that same farking guitar riff and their differing opinions on cookers and what BBQ is exactly?

FARK!!!!

I'm off to the PB to cool down...

YA FARKING SELLOUT!!!

I'M SO FARKING PI$$ED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW! That's a lot of farking! I really like your videos Donnie AKA Pitmaster T. I really like your antics so to speak. Keep it up!

Old 03-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #34
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
Hey, there may be others that think the same way so I thought I'd comment. This video I hope you understand is NOT intended for guys like us.
But Pitmaster T, this video doesn't really even help all those poor insufferable little bastiges. They can just go farking watch the other farking 85 bajillion farkity-farkin' arm-flappin', bluesy-jammin', geetar-riffin, dull-n-borin', instruction-followin', unit-assemblin', sell-outin', sleep-inducin', fence-sittin' farking time wasters out there on the interwebz!

Now, don't get me wrong. I have no problem with the PBC whatsoever. In fact, I would like to get one someday. I'm also not one of those farking brainwashed UDS robots either! Although I would also like to build my own vision of a UDS someday.

My problem isn't the cooker at all. It's the way you make your video. It sucks. It was boring. And frankly, I don't really think we learned anything because your intent all along was to show off the PBC which has already been done, and has downloadable files from the website that say the exact same thing you showed us.

Now, had you made this thing "funky", then you would have blown that bitch up and shown us something we never thought of before. It would have been a lot more interesting. People would have been on their toes wondering what the fark was coming next. Even if they DIDN'T learn anything, at least it was more enjoyable than watching some penguin BBQ impersonator!

I hope you realize I'm laughing as I type all this!

I hope you are not ACTUALLY so serious about this "new video series" that I am somehow pi$$ing in your cornflakes either. Because...well...since I lack the "funkified funk", I'll put it in more of a Camaro on Cinder Blocks term.

This series is the short-haired Metallica. You know, the one that killed music-sharing?

Peace out!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.

Last edited by bigabyte; 03-15-2013 at 11:16 AM..
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #35
gtr

I don't think I've ever seen a feeling or concept so thoroughly and efficiently conveyed in three words: "short-haired Metallica". THAT is some helpful chit right there - my day has been made.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?

Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #36
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

na, you know i ain't mad at ya... really i am not. but please forgive me for not apologizing... I don't think its necessary. Your critisism simply helps fuel the energy on this. I did warn everyone last week it would be a serious boring... straight laced video series.

there is one more boring video... my kids and i make ribs.... and i intentionally let one hang until it falls into the fire. I will even use the same intro....

Now the "Raging Bull" version "did you or did you not, cook this in a PBC, Joey?" is done.... just have the Soprano's part to shoot. Maybe I will release that next week.... or in two weeks...

Quote:
But Pitmaster T, this video doesn't really even help all those poor insufferable little bastiges. They can just go farking watch the other farking 85 bajillion farkity-farkin' arm-flappin', bluesy-jammin', geetar-riffin, dull-n-borin', instruction-followin', unit-assemblin', sell-outin', sleep-inducin', fence-sittin' farking time wasters out there on the interwebz!

Now, don't get me wrong. I have no problem with the PBC whatsoever. In fact, I would like to get one someday. I'm also not one of those farking brainwashed UDS robots either! Although I would also like to build my own vision of a UDS someday.

My problem isn't the cooker at all. It's the way you make your video. It sucks. It was boring. And frankly, I don't really think we learned anything because your intent all along was to show off the PBC which has already been done, and has downloadable files from the website that say the exact same thing you showed us.

Now, had you made this thing "funky", then you would have blown that bitch up and shown us something we never thought of before. It would have been a lot more interesting. People would have been on their toes wondering what the fark was coming next. Even if they DIDN'T learn anything, at least it was more enjoyable than watching some penguin BBQ impersonator!

I hope you realize I'm laughing as I type all this!

I hope you are not ACTUALLY so serious about this "new video series" that I am somehow pi$$ing in your cornflakes either. Because...well...since I lack the "funkified funk", I'll put it in more of a Camaro on Cinder Blocks term.

This series is the short-haired Metallica. You know, the one that killed music-sharing?

Peace out!
Facebook

Old 03-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #37
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

You didn't even giggle when you said the PBC comes with a nice rack.....

Old 03-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #38
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

it why i paused so long....just sorta stared at it.... i was like.... nope.. i promised myself... lol

technically.... the only thing i had smoked on it up to that point was a chicken,,,so there was nothing to talk about other than... it comes with this and that...
Facebook

Old 03-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #39
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

this is what chris likes
Facebook

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->
Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #40
landarc

I am stunned, don't know what else to say

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #41
bigabyte

Quote:
this is what chris likes
http://youtu.be/v342OMn4iAM
YES!!!

That was DIO baby!

RONNIE FARKING JAMES FARKING DIO!!!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #42
gtr

Which reminds me...where the fark is 2222's?
WTFWGALD?

Old 03-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #43
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Which reminds me...where the fark is 2222's?
Last I seen him he was in San Leandro CA.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #44
Sillius Sodus
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
This video I hope you understand is NOT intended for guys like us.
Or maybe it is...the idea that a simple explanation video is outside of the realm of "real BBQ guys" is, quite frankly, over-assumptive and belittling. I, for one, am interested in the topics that you cover in your videos - but your delivery is simply over-the-top childish and ultimately not worth the time spent downloading them.

You've finally made a video that explains the PBC without all of that useless blather that fills your "normal" videos.

Thank you.
Sillius Sodus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #45
gtr

^^^We wouldn't want to belittle now, would we.
WTFWGALD?