MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #1
Tannhauser42
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : X
Default Walmart Clearance: OKJoe and CharGriller grills

Just noticed that my local Walmart is putting on clearance almost all of their Oklahoma Joe and Char-Griller branded grills. Looks like they may be replacing them with Blackstone and Cuisinart branded products for the start of the season.
Tannhauser42 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:44 PM   #2
SmokyDick
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Rich

Guess i'll have to take a look sometime this week.
SmokyDick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #3
HDCTX
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : 10502 Spice Ridge Row

Don't know if it's a clearance sale, but I picked up my Oklahoma Joe's Highland Sunday at WalMart for $139.00. Still shrunk wrapped on a pallet. Since I saved a bundle, I splurged on a baffle plate, a smoke stack extension, and a charcoal box, and still spent less than the retail price for the highland at Lowes.

Last edited by HDCTX; 01-15-2019 at 04:53 PM..
HDCTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-16-2019, 06:07 AM   #4
Lahawk1
Full Fledged Farker

I picked up a Char-Griller Akorn for 139.00 yesterday. Marked down for clearance from 288.00.
Lahawk1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 06:13 AM   #5
Dweverett
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Bill

You people are killing me. I just got done figuring out where to store the 25+ bags of weber charcoal. I have the weber performer (that I found for $175 while looking for the charcoal) sitting in the garage blocking easy access to the cars. Now I'm going to have to go look for an OK Joe.

Gifted to various children — Kamado Joe Classic, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Genesis, Rectec 680
Dweverett is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 06:15 AM   #6
wmarkw
Full Fledged Farker

Pit Boss Classic 700 sq. in. Wood Fired Pellet Grill w/ Flame Broiler marked down to $199 at one of my stores. Original price $400 i think.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=838778838

Been tracking the below as well. Now marked down to $199; originally $446. Hmmm

Pit Boss 5-Series Vertical Pellet Smoker - 4.6 cu ft
https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=876324460

Old 01-16-2019, 06:36 AM   #7
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Smitty wants that vertical. Everybody knows it but him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 07:43 AM   #8
ronbrad62
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
Smitty wants that vertical. Everybody knows it but him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Put an Old Country name plate on it and he's in.
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 10:14 AM   #9
Tannhauser42
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : X

For those of you who have checked this out at your local Walmarts, are you seeing a bunch of Blackstone and Cuisinart branded products being moved in? There wasn't much to see at mine yet. They were still clearly in the process of shuffling everything around between the outdoors section and the seasonal areas, but I did some Cuisinart display models already in place. I don't remember any Cuisinarts at my Walmart last year.
Tannhauser42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #10
tnfan47
Full Fledged Farker

The local Walmart near me has several Blackstone accessories now for the griddle. It used to be the usual spatula set and bottles. Now they have the cutting board and many other accessories.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:42 AM   #11
noobieQ
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Chris

I used the same justification system as HDCTX when I just picked up my highland on crazy clearance. The guys were so pumped that I was buying it so they didn't have to move it around the store anymore.

The savings were used to get a baffle plate, charcoal box and the thing that lowers the smokestack exit down to grate level.

Its my first stick burner/offset and I have to say, these things are stupid fun to play with. The baffle plates are nearly a 'must have' item, as my test cook without them showed massive temp differences from end to end, like 100* from side to side. They really shouldn't be sold without them it's such a big difference.

Looking forward to adding some more gauges so I don't have to setup my Smoke probe just to monitor grate level temps.

Ive only done pork on it thus far, because it's so forgiving. Looking forward to finally doing this brisket ive been wet aging about 15 days thus far (10 to go.)
noobieQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 05:06 PM   #12
HDCTX

I didn't see any at my local Walmart. My Ok Joe was still shrink wrapped on a pallet and I saw four more. They had ten or fifteen pallets of grills and smokers that formed it's own aisle in the garden center.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:12 PM   #13
HDCTX

I just browsed the Houston WalMarts for this pellet smoker. Most had it for $199, one store has it for $100..

Old 01-17-2019, 05:22 AM   #14
Lahawk1
Full Fledged Farker

Went back and picked up one of the Pit Boss Copperhead pellet smokers for 199.00 yesterday. My first pellet smoker, hope it does good briskets! I went to their website to register it and found out that it actually has a 5 year warranty. The website says all Pit Boss smokers purchased after 09/2018 will have the 5 year warranty.

Last edited by Lahawk1; 01-17-2019 at 05:31 AM..
Lahawk1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2019, 07:40 AM   #15
Radrob
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahawk1 View Post
Went back and picked up one of the Pit Boss Copperhead pellet smokers for 199.00 yesterday. My first pellet smoker, hope it does good briskets! I went to their website to register it and found out that it actually has a 5 year warranty. The website says all Pit Boss smokers purchased after 09/2018 will have the 5 year warranty.
WOW, 5 years is a nice warranty and I added 2 more years through Walmart for $16.00.

I bought one yesterday and fired it up last night for some quick ribs cooked hot and fast(3 hours). I'm not surprised they didn't have a pronounced smoke flavor but they came out good. Next cook I'll follow their ribs recipe/directions and see how much smoke flavor it has.

Radrob is offline   Reply With Quote