• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cold weather cook

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Put the quarters on the air temp was 19 degrees. Mini cookers are great in brutally cold temps.

Last edited:
There's nothing better than extreme weather cooking. Keeps the neighbors guessing. Come to think of it my wife and 82 year old mother are somewhat puzzled as well. Great job SJ.

That's awesome. And we're complaining that it'll be high 30s overnight, high 50s and the day. You should hear people whine around here!

(but at 5am tomorrow, I'll be whining along with them!)

The unofficial official weather term is "The Amarillo Split".

We have a lot of moisture that is tracking hundreds of miles dead aim for Amarillo-it splits around us and re forms on the other side.

The "Amarillo Effect" is a controversial phenomenon. Inordinately, a line of storms will approach Amarillo and all bets would be on the storm soaking the city. Most of the time, however, the storm will split right before it passes Amarillo and resume the complete line after passing. Other times, a single storm cell can be approaching on course with Amarillo,stop as it gets close, then starts back up after passing. While many discount the claims, it occurs far too often to ignore.---
Per Wiki-answers

Chicken looks great! I'll still always get a chuckle when the Southern States get a little chill. :razz:

Weather can get rather brutal here. I think it's 3600 above sea level. If you draw a line I'm about even north of Oklahoma City and Albuquerque. I'm about 60 miles closer to Denver than I am to Austin.

Geography lesson over. A's for everybody

Last edited:
I wish it was that warm here. Did some ribs this morning. Air temp was -9 and -23 windchill. High of 0 today.

Amen to cold weather ribs. Camera froze up??

Back