• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Texas beef ribs

DONE!! Soft as a babies bottom. Now off for a short rest.

Attachments

• beef4.jpg
    beef4.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 202
Nice ribs, shorties are awesome ribs. Beef #1 Pork a very distant 2nd.

Oh man, those are well done, and nice hunks of meat to start with as well

Nice job! WHERE did you find such meaty beef ribs? Even my local butcher shop has what they call "meaty" beef ribs with the bones showing. :sad:

Funny, I've never done beef ribs. Did you cook them to a temp or doneness?
And what was that?
BTW, They look awesome!

Nice job! WHERE did you find such meaty beef ribs? Even my local butcher shop has what they call "meaty" beef ribs with the bones showing. :sad:

You can look for beef short ribs or beef chuck ribs. The ones where you can see the bones already are probably beef back ribs. If your butcher or grocery store sells the beef short ribs that are about 2in long, you can ask them if they have the full rack/plate of the beef ribs in the cryovac. They will normally have them and you can buy the plates and the bones are anywhere from 6-12inches long.

Funny, I've never done beef ribs. Did you cook them to a temp or doneness?
And what was that?
BTW, They look awesome!

You cook the beef ribs to probe tender like a brisket. If you try to go by temperature you can't get consistent results. If you cook to 135/145/165 etc they will end up tough and chewy. I'm not sure of what the correct temperature of the beef ribs are when done correctly, because I go by what the probe says and don't bother temping the ribs.

You can find them at Mexican grocery stores. They cut them perpendicular to the bone (flanken cut) and call them tablitas. The pre-marinated tablitas are excellent for grilling or you can ask them to get some uncut racks from the back.

DSC_1834_2-1024x644.jpg

http://www.dallasnews.com/lifestyle...-for-quick-grilling-beef-turn-to-tablitas.ece

Back