First Cook On My Rec Tec 590 Pellet Smoker

Congrats! Glad you like it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

said I would never buy one but glad I did and will be great on overnight cooks . :mrgreen:

Thanks for posting. I was the same way until the last ribs I done on my barrel smoker tasted bitter. First time it ever happened but it turned me off. I researched pellet smokers and ended up buying a Pellet Pro demo unit at 1/2 price and I love it. I use it at least twice a week. After using it I think it would be a good buy at full price. You will find you can cook some great food on a pellet cooker.

Glad you like it and thank you for posting your smoke flavor opinion. I don't understand why some here continue to push the notion that you can't get good smoke flavor from a pellet smoker. Maybe the problem is that there is range of smoke flavor producing pellet smokers. Good to hear that your RT is a producer.

Glad you like it and thank you for posting your smoke flavor opinion. I don't understand why some here continue to push the notion that you can't get good smoke flavor from a pellet smoker. Maybe the problem is that there is range of smoke flavor producing pellet smokers. Good to hear that your RT is a producer.
Smoke is different for everyone. Some like a harsher charcoal smoke. Some like a hint of smoke. The exact same smoke may be light to me but bitter to you. It's tough to know until you try it.

Great story and video. That Rec Tec controller makes really good smoke and I use cheap Pit Boss blend instead of LJ. I put the controller in my Camp Chef and never a hiccup. I can oversmoke jerky running at 180°. I envy your 590. :grin:

Smoke is different for everyone. Some like a harsher charcoal smoke. Some like a hint of smoke. The exact same smoke may be light to me but bitter to you. It's tough to know until you try it.

That right there is the ever f’n point. It all comes down to the individual and what you are looking for. For me, I like clean combustion and rec Tec gives me the perfect smoke profile. If I want more smoke, I use 100% hickory or blend mesquite. Cooked some beef plate ribs today using B&B mesquite and they were perfect. Deep smoke flavor. awesome.

Broke in my new Rec Tec Today pellet smoker today for the first time and been cooking on a stick burner for over 30 years . People saying you can not get great smoke flavor are not using the right pellets and the smoke profile was just as good as my stick burner , https://youtu.be/aQNBiprBa18

yeah buddy.. I'm sorry to all those that would disagree with me.. But saying pellet cookers can't produce a good smoke flavor is full of bologna... haha

Now I'll be honest.. its not as deep/strong as a stick burner.. but it produces enough to provide with a good smoked meal! I love everything that has came off of my silverbac.. and with me having years of experience cooking BBQ its all phenomenal!

That’s been one of my biggest takeaways from converting to pellets. i was hesitant because of the negative feedback on smoke flavor but honestly I haven’t notice a difference.

It must be the hate for pellet smokers and had the same feeling but never cooked on one before and formed my own bias opinion about them . Many years of just smoking with wood I have decided to change my ways and glad I tried it out and I am very happy .

Back