Brisket prices rising. What are you going to do?

Some of y'all are getting excellent prices on beef. Wish that was the case here. Order today came in at $3.83lb. Talked to the sales rep and they say no signs of slowing down for now. I give, I'm going up on brisket.

Pork actually came down some more. $1.89. That's still high in my book, but better.

Ok,

Anyone have a recipe for Beef Clod or for the Chuck Roll?

Do you smoke it the same as a brisket? What temp do you take it to so that it will pull?
Do you inject, marinade, or give it any juice?

Thanks in advance...

Cook it like a brisket. It will be like a smoked chuck roast. You can cut it into smaller piece and cut down on your cook time. You may want to put it in a pan to catch the juices for later.

Hello Jeff,

I just paid $2.19 per for butts at my local place. Where are you catching them for less than $2? Im always looking for a better source.

Wayne

I get most of my meat from South Mountain farms in Fallston. Restaurant Depot is a little cheaper than he is.

Ok,

Anyone have a recipe for Beef Clod or for the Chuck Roll?

Do you smoke it the same as a brisket? What temp do you take it to so that it will pull?
Do you inject, marinade, or give it any juice?

Thanks in advance...

I cook a 35# chuck roll every day. I smoke it in a pan with salt and pepper for about 5 hours and then cover the pan with2 layers of plastic wrap and tin foil and finish it in the oven on 200 for 5 more hours and it will be medium rare. It is unreal how good it is, we usually sell out before 5 everyday.
Thanks, Jeff
Sweetfire BBQ

Just got my last Invoice 3.76/lb I have now choice but raise prices :( if it goes much higher going to stop having it :(

Clint

Back