Fried Pompano with Mango Habanero Salsa and Sweet and Savory Brussel Sprouts

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
For the Salsa here are the ingredients.

Ever seen the inside of a Habanero?

All diced up.

Now everyone in the pool to get acquainted.

For the Sweet and Savory Sautéed Brussel Sprouts here are the ingredients. Notice that I’ve already cleaned and halved the sprouts, then sprinkled them with Basil infused EVOO, Fresh Ground Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper.

Take 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and warm on medium heat. Once it’s almost ready to boil add 1/2 cup of crasins. (dried cranberries) (I thought I had some but ended up having to settle for raisins) Let these sit for 15 minutes to plump them up. Drain and save. Now I spread the sprouts out on a lipped cookie sheet and roasted them at 375 for 25 minutes.

While they cook I fried up 4 slices of thick cut bacon. (Crumble or dice them to add later)

Add 1/2 a red onion to the pan and sauté until they wilt.

Add 1 teaspoon on minced garlic.

Now add the bacon back in and the crasins or raisins.

Here are the sprouts after 25 minutes in the kamado. Add these to the skillet, stir until hot and then serve.

And finally for the Fried Pompano here is the fish before filleting.

And after

Here are the fillets. Normally they leave the skin on this fish so I left the skin on one to see what the difference would be. (In fact this fish is very often cook whole)

I drizzled on some citrus infused EVOO, spread that out and then some Fresh Ground Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper.

Now I took a C.I. skillet and heated up 1 tbsp. of citrus infused EVOO and then added 2 tbsp. of butter.

Added the fish and fried for 4 minutes.

Flipped and another 3 minutes.

And now plated with a nice Rose’ wine.

Here’s the Money Shot below.

Delicious! :becky:

Derhusker....WOW....You did it!

I thought grilled pompano was it. Just Wow!!

tens.gif

That looks and sounds outstanding! You have good filleting skills as well.

Pompano is soooo good and cooked liked that is awesome!

Excuse my ignorance but is that fish also called pomfret? I used to get them when I lived in Asia when living there and loved them. If this is the same or roughly so, I would love to get some of these bad boys. Any idea where some land locked michigan guy could get some?

Oh they were so tasty.

Excuse my ignorance but is that fish also called pomfret? I used to get them when I lived in Asia when living there and loved them. If this is the same or roughly so, I would love to get some of these bad boys. Any idea where some land locked michigan guy could get some?

Oh they were so tasty.
I believe it is also know as Pomfret although not positive. I have no idea where you could get some in Michigan. I when to a local fish market that caters to tho local Asian population and I know they cook them whole most of the time. Good luck finding some. It was excellent.

Man i am so steeling this recipe tonight. We caught a big Pompano yesterday while sheep head fishing. I've been look for a recipe for it.

Back