Penne w/ Chicken Thighs and Sausage

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm in a posting of cooks mood, hope folks don't get sick of these.

Dinner tonite was Penne w/ Chicken and Sausage w/ Peppers. I've made variations of this before, usually adding small potatoes to the roasting pan but today I was in a Pasta mood.

Season some Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs with Oakridge Secret Weapon, EVOO and Pepper -

I removed the divider plate from the Golden's, put in the charcoal basket and fired it up. Getting everything pre-cooked prior to going into the roasting pan. In lieu of Italian Sausage, tonite I decided to use Kielbasa.

Quite the colorful pic of Chicken Thighs, Peppers and Kielbasa -

Once the Kielbasa was just about cooked through I removed it and let the thighs grill to about 80% done. They'll finish cooking completely during the roasting -

Getting ready for indirect roasting by putting the searing/diffuser plate in place -

Bring everything inside and arrange it all in the roasting pan. Add some White Wine, Garlic, Onion and Chicken Stock/Water. The foil on the bottom prevents the pan (yes, it's an All Clad bought specifically for the grill) from getting covered with the drippings on the grates -

And back out onto the grill to roast for about 30-40 minutes -

And it's done, ready to be served up with some Penne -

Not difficult to make at all. I almost had thoughts of making this in the oven but since it was a nice day here in New England and I have a perfectly good oven outdoors it became an outdoor grilling session! No surprise there I guess. :heh:

Thanks for checking out this post and following along with today's dinner adventures.

Regards,
-lunchman

Back