MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #31
HB-BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
Rob, did you install the casters or did Mike at BWS install them?
I had Mike put them on the Party, but when I got my Competitor it came without. I found some at McMaster Carr but they were not near as nice as the ones Mike sells.

Quote:
I ordered the commercial grate, I am not that handy
You know you have friends that would help ya build one...they are simple and only take a beer or two's time to complete. I found myself still needing one for even the competitor's commercial grate. It really helps on long cooks plus it keeps the brigs/lump from falling over the sides into the ash pan.

So which model did you order?
HB-BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #32
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Dont ever order a BWS without the heat diverter I still dont know why they just dont include it in the price. You can always slide it out to run hotter if you want.

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #33
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

I ordered the heat diverter, 2 pairs of xtra slides, cover, guru, commerical charcoal basket.

Should I order the tie downs and casters? I plan on placing the Backwoods on the back of the RV with a hitch carrier.

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #34
big brother smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB-BBQ View Post
I had Mike put them on the Party, but when I got my Competitor it came without. I found some at McMaster Carr but they were not near as nice as the ones Mike sells.

You know you have friends that would help ya build one...they are simple and only take a beer or two's time to complete. I found myself still needing one for even the competitor's commercial grate. It really helps on long cooks plus it keeps the brigs/lump from falling over the sides into the ash pan.

So which model did you order?
Rob,

I ordered the extended party. Just trying to make sure I get all the bells and whistles now. What kind of stand do you use?

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #35
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
I ordered the heat diverter, 2 pairs of xtra slides, cover, commerical charcoal basket.

Should I order the tie downs and casters? I plan on placing the Backwoods on the back of the RV with a hitch carrier.
The tiedown handles are good buy the casters yourself cheaper. Larger ones will require you to drill new holes but still very easy to install yourself.

Last edited by smokinit; 02-22-2012 at 01:35 PM..
smokinit is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #36
HB-BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
I ordered the heat diverter, 2 pairs of xtra slides, cover, guru, commerical charcoal basket.

If you plan on standing it up vertically the casters will be a PITA. You can crank the tiedows tight but with those hitch carriers one little bump on the road and the hitch can bounce side to side. You can eliminate some of the play in the hitch with a anti-sway insert but I'd just lay it down and pad it with some cargo blankets. You can pickup a cheap hand truck from harbor freight to move the cooker around. One other option I would look at is 180° doors if they are available on the ext.party.

Quote:
Rob,

I ordered the extended party. Just trying to make sure I get all the bells and whistles now. What kind of stand do you use?
I no longer have my competitor but it had casters as welll as the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinit View Post
Dont ever order a BWS without the heat diverter I still dont know why they just dont include it in the price. You can always slide it out to run hotter if you want.
So true mine came without it...I wish I knew ahead of time.
HB-BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #37
big brother smoke

Rob,

So if I am hearing you correctly, based on my mode of intended operation. Do not get the casters?