MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:12 PM   #16
LindaM
Full Fledged Farker

I think all of us at some point wear that sign. And yes I am out here as well, when time allows. Anyone who knows me knows I am out for the betterment of KCBS, the cooks, the organizers and even the judges. Let's try to keep this organization the best. I am not running for re-election until next year but you can email me anytime and I WILL listen.
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2008, 05:03 PM   #17
Gene01
Knows what a fatty is.

I have had the kick me sign on for years and wear it proudly, I am involved , though I do not post often, I am always lurking to see what members feel we need.... I am on several of the committees..... I will post my responses to the questionaire that KCBS send out... I hope that is ok with Phil....
Gene01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:03 PM   #18
Gene01
Knows what a fatty is.

Election questionnaire for publication in the Bullsheet
For all candidate for KCBS Board of Directors
2009 Election
Instructions: Please answer each question. Provide a brief and concise answer to each of the following questions. Your answers will be published in the KCBS Bullsheet and on the KCBS Web site.

1.Please describe the skills you possess (which you believe are stronger than the other candidates) which would make you an asset as a board member, in dealing with the challenges facing KCBS, and give an example of how those skills would serve the KCBS board of Directors and its membership.

I have been a leader in many charity and non charity organizations; I have a large interest in BBQ as it is my passion. I know most of the players who are influential and are willing to help and advice, I have been a board member of the local California BBQ association since its inception, I am a doer and will work my hardest to obtain the goals that we set at the board level, I will work with the membership to see what and where they feel we need to go as a National organization. Members need a voice.

2. If you are a Cook, Judge, Rep or Backyard Cook, please identify the major KCBS issues concerning, one of areas in whichyou are involved. Describe the major issue, your strategies to correct or improve the issue, and what you see as the biggest challenge to the success of your plan.

Some may not agree with me but, I want to work to make meetings open to members to listen in on (on their own dime) (exception= personnel matters) I will work to make the financials open to any member to see (it is their money; they should know how it is spent). I will also work with members having a phone line and my number available for members to call who have issues that they want to talk about and get assistance with.

3. Identify your major short term goal and the major long term goal, if elected to the Board of KCBS and your plan to implement change or improvement in order to carry out each of thesegoals.
Short term: I would like to see the membership get information ASAP on what is going on at the board level. I would also like to see a more regional support group, we have different issues in various parts of the Country and it would be nice to have the support of a more local board member working with the membership who may be able to relate to the problem.

Long term: I would like to see a chat room where we will have board members available to respond to membership questions without having to wait forever.

4. If elected please explain “your level of commitment, time and energy” for committee projects and monthly reports, board meetings and attendance, as well as representing KCBS to the public and being responsive to our members.

I would not put my hat in the ring if I did not intend to participate at the level needed to be an asset to the organization, I will if elected be at the meetings, talk to the membership, run my committee, have my reports to the Board and the Membership ready and on time. I will do whatever it takes to make this a better organization to be a member of.

5. Please describe your participation in KCBS activities and years of experience.

1. I have been an Organizer of contests for more than 10 years.
2. I have been a Rep for 10 years.
3. I am a Judging class instructor.
4. I was the KCBS State rep for California, Arizona and Nevada when the program existed
5. I am a member of the KCBS committee for Reps.
6. I am a member of the KCBS committee for new ideas
7. I am a Master Judge
8. I have been competing for over 10 years

6. Please explain why you want to be a member of the KCBS Board.

I feel that it is my responsibility to help the Organization that supports my passion; I love BBQ, the people and feel that it is a part of my life and would like the opportunity to make it more enjoyable and help it to grow even more over the next 3 years if elected.

My phone number is (619) 520-5741
My e-mail is [email protected]

Feel free to contact me if you would like more information.
Gene Goycochea
Gene01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:27 PM   #19
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Thanks Gene

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:56 PM   #20
Merl
Full Fledged Farker

From the KCBS website:
KCBS post 2009 Board Nominees

November 1, 2008

The following members have been nominated as candidates for the 2009 BOD elections:

Sonny Ashford NE
Mike Budai KS
Thom Emery CA
Gene Goycochea CA
Don Harwell SC
Wayne Lohman TN
Merl Whitebook OK

We will be posting the election questionnaires on the web site and in the Bullsheet at the end of the month.
Merl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #21
MilitantSquatter

Good Luck to all !!!

I will be interested to hear each candidates ideas related to advancement of BBQ and benefits of membership related to both the competition side as well as for the backyard cook or general BBQ enthusiast.

http://www.kcbs.us/about.php

Mission
Our mission is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form. We want barbecue to be recognized as America's Cuisine.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #22
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

yes good luck to everyone..

Also, thanks to everyone that called asking if I would accept nomination. I decided to sit this year out, there are good people running that I prefer not to run against or thin the votes on. Next years another chance.

So again, good luck to everyone, especially MERL and GENE and THOM. :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #23
Merl
Full Fledged Farker

REMEMBER

To be eligible to vote in the KCBS BOD elections, you must be a member of KCBS by December 15, 2008 at 12:00 A.M.

We had some who could not vote last year due to the cut off. You may become a member online at www.kcbs.us.

Merl Whitebook
Merl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #24
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
yes good luck to everyone..

So again, good luck to everyone, especially MERL and GENE and THOM. :)
These 3 will get my votes no doubt! Merl thanks for the membership update as I just checked mine and I am good until Feb.