BBQ Creole Sauce Picante

queball

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
thought you guys might enjoy this. I had some leftover smoked thighs and green onion sausage which I turned into a really good creole Sauce Picante. Here you go. In a skillet make a one to one roux, really dark. In a large sauce pot, render a package of bacon, chop and save bacon. In the bacon fat saute a bunch of chopped onions and garlic. Add a can of tomato paste and brown. Add the deboned chopped thighs and sliced sausage and sautee with a little chicken stock for moisture. Add large can of tomato sauce, large can of hot Rotel and large can of petite diced stewed tomatos. Add remainder of carton of chicken stock and a handful of raw sugar. Add the roux to thicken and let simmer for about 2 hours. Consistency is the key with sauce picante. Finish by folding the chopped fried bacon and a little chopped green onion into the mix during the last 10 minutes. Serve on rice. Ca Cest Bon.

You know I am really bad with the whole picture thing, dont even have much video of my kids. Unless someone is taking pictures I usually forget all about it. And, I am technologically challenged.

Farking hell, Que - that sounds great! And I've got some leftover thighs... No green onion sausage but I do have some decent andouille. Whatcha think?

queball said:
And, I am technologically challenged.
I'm lookiing at your avatar and thinking "Yeah, I can see that" :twisted:

Arlin_MacRae said:
Farking hell, Que - that sounds great! And I've got some leftover thighs... No green onion sausage but I do have some decent andouille. Whatcha think?

Even better. If its a spicey andouille careful with the heat. You gonna like this.

jt said:
I'm lookiing at your avatar and thinking "Yeah, I can see that" :twisted:
Dammit!!!! I was thinking exactly the same thing!!!!!
It's hard to concentrate while your nipples are being pinched!!!

(Self imposed titty twister mod)

I lived in Nawlins for 4 years. It's been too long since I had some great coonass food!! :cry: :cry:

How about a recipe for that green ownyawn sausage????

Coonass food will make you happy. And leftover BBQ goes so well in so many dishes: jambalaya , gumbo, red beans, sauce picante, etc.

I make Italian sausage now and then, mostly at Christmas time. Time and trouble. My butcher makes excellent fresh sausage, including the green onion which is my favorite.

Damn! I'm selling some brisket dinners tomorrow. If I have some leftover brisket I might just try brisket picante...

Bigmista said:
Damn! I'm selling some brisket dinners tomorrow. If I have some leftover brisket I might just try brisket picante...
Done it. Very good. I like to cut the sugar just a little with beef and use beef broth or french onion soup instead of chicken broth.

Back