KCBS Involvement

My guess is it is to allow the David and George, who will be developing the system a chance to discuss what is wanted, and what is desired, as well as what they are capable of providing.

Hopefully we get some notes soon.

Why is seating of judges, subject matter for a special closed board meeting?
Ed
Because there's a group of people complaining that they ditched the terrible system that seated by a so called "scoring average" and went to random seating.

Because there's a group of people complaining that they ditched the terrible system that seated by a so called "scoring average" and went to random seating.

I would say it's more "No one can come to an agreement on how judges should be seated, and everyone has dug their feet in on their position and is unable to be persuaded another direction, therefore they have to have meetings and decide what the best way forward is, as there is not a consensus on the best way forward. It's not the most efficient use of time, but this is what happens when people quit having a conversation about why their way is better and only points out flaws of other's reasoning"

But, that's just me.

There was some discussion of details that could potentially compromise the blind.

George offered his opinion and will continue to do so when asked but will not be actively developing anything even if asked!:)

Viva El Presidente Jorge!!!!!!

It looks like they talked about how to fix judge seating for 2 1/2 hours and then voted to let the membership vote in a survey how to do it?
Look Ma, no blood on my hands, them guys did it!
Ed

Viva El Presidente Jorge!!!!!!

It looks like they talked about how to fix judge seating for 2 1/2 hours and then voted to let the membership vote in a survey how to do it?
Look Ma, no blood on my hands, them guys did it!
Ed

Yeah, just what's needed; a bushel of anecdotal opinions.:cry:

Apparently only sent to cooks, judges, and TCs who have participated in the past year.

Well, I was a judge or table captain at 5 contests last year and I did not receive the survey, so I don't think that is how they picked who to send it to.

Well, I was a judge or table captain at 5 contests last year and I did not receive the survey, so I don't think that is how they picked who to send it to.

I'm not saying that KCBS didn't screw up their survey distribution list. I'm saying that's what they said the survey group consisted of.

Back