Winner, Winner Beef Rib Dinner

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
First, a disclaimer Kyle Fisk (my son and member of the forum) is the cook here, he just lives so far back in the woods that internet service is pretty limited so I'm posting for him. Oh yea, I bought the meat and was technical consultant on the cook too.

Bought 4 really nice racks of 4 bone chuck ribs, removed the silver skin, x-cut the back just in case he missed some and applied Oakridge Black Ops Brisket Rub - this stuff is yummy on beef!
004_zps66fe87c7.jpg

006_zpsf170934b.jpg

002_zps5255c580.jpg

Into the vertical stickburner on kiln dried hickory running at 275*-300* at about 10:00 AM. Note the temp gauge above the cook chamber door and if you look carefully you can see a vertical something between the ribs: that is a turkey fry thermometer and by dumb luck when we built the vertical pit it sits about 1/2 inch above the top cooking grate and works perfectly.
007_zpse8a67671.jpg

Four hours later, about 2:00 PM they were looking good so he wrapped with good old BP.
014_zpsb39ea245.jpg

015_zps89e4b020.jpg

Let the fire cool down to 225*-250* for a couple hours until probing like butter at 4:15 PM, out of the cooker and into the cooler to rest until dinner at 5:30 PM. Here is the goods, moist, tender, good - yea all that stuff.
010_zps406cbae1.jpg

012_zpsed2c8676.jpg

013_zpse466be57.jpg

I think there was some salad & green beans (no pics) but Kyle's mom made a killer apple pie desert thing in a 10 inch CI pan.
008_zpscc7c8acd.jpg

Great looking ribs. I did some beef short ribs also. I ended up havign to wrap them because they darkened up quick.

Great looking ribs. I did some beef short ribs also. I ended up havign to wrap them because they darkened up quick.

Saw your thread and the pics and could not help but thinkin "damn, those look just like mine, hope Kyle makes them just as good". He did!

Awesome post , brother! Love that home made pit , those ribs look perfect and the apple cobbler just tops the whole thing off. Well done , dad and son and mom!

Love beef ribs! Those look really really good!

Glad to see you are passing it on to the next generation.

Shorties are where it's at! Love that pit too! :clap2:

Excellent work all around. :thumb:

Back