CL score 18" WSM

Good deal. :thumb:

Unless you're gonna cook with no water in the pan, go ahead and pick up a Brinkman charcoal pan for an ecb. They're only $5 at our Academy Sports, and they hold a lot more water than Weber's old water pan, but give much more clearance than the new pan that nearly sits in the top of the charcoal ring.

Nice score. You done good.

I would contact the seller and have him take the ad down, lest it get sold out from under you.

Not a bad deal because it is "new" but I bought my NEW 2009 18.5" for 210 shipped from www.aimtofind.com afew months ago. I would recommend using that price to negotiate on his price IF you want to since that is the older model and does not have the thermometer in the dome, the new larger water pan or the knob on the door that helps you identify when it is latched. They are small things but worth mentioning when he is FIRM on the 200 price :)

Either way your gonna love the WSM, I know I do... until you start considering the 22.5" haha

Good deal. :thumb:

Unless you're gonna cook with no water in the pan, go ahead and pick up a Brinkman charcoal pan for an ecb. They're only $5 at our Academy Sports, and they hold a lot more water than Weber's old water pan, but give much more clearance than the new pan that nearly sits in the top of the charcoal ring.

Thanks for the input but there isn't an Academy Sports in California. And I'm really set on the WSM.

Not a bad deal because it is "new" but I bought my NEW 2009 18.5" for 210 shipped from www.aimtofind.com afew months ago. I would recommend using that price to negotiate on his price IF you want to since that is the older model and does not have the thermometer in the dome, the new larger water pan or the knob on the door that helps you identify when it is latched. They are small things but worth mentioning when he is FIRM on the 200 price :)

Either way your gonna love the WSM, I know I do... until you start considering the 22.5" haha

Thanks for the cool website, I just checked it out, great prices there. But today their price is $239. Still better than Amazons price! Plus the craigslist WSM comes with charcoal and mesquite chunks.

Last edited:
Oh forgot to add I started the order process then couldn't decide if I wanted to get the wsm or not and did not complete the order. They sent me a 10 dollar off coupon saying they noticed I started an order but didnt finish the next day :) and the price back then was 219. :p

Either way it wont hurt you to mention you can get it brand new for 220 shipped to the buyer and just see if he will lower the price :) Doesn't ever hurt to ask :) I have wayyyy too much experience in negotiation I guess (car sales while in college)

Either way your gonna love a WSM!

Also you will probably want to source out the brinkman waterpan like previously mentioned as it GREATLY reduces the number of times you need to open the lid to check on the water pan AND the number of refills :) I have the newer waterpan and its a massive difference in size but it does sit on the coals sometimes when I really load it up for the longer smokes.

another tip I learned: If you are looking for wood chunks are when you run out of those chunks search craigslist. I am in the middle of Dallas Tx and don't have access to my own trees to cut down for wood so I found a LOT of people selling wood on craigslist for about 1/3rd-1/5th of the price of most stores and I ALWAYS like promoting small businesses in my area :)

Back