9 Pound Burger...... & appetizers

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So, there I was wondering what to do to make an even bigger burger than I submitted for the Burger Throwdown... Now how the hell do I do that. Well, it started with a 12", 1.5 pound sesame topped bun, obviously made for this project. Then I formed a 5.56 pound hamburger patty (I used a large frying pan to get the shape.) I added only minced garlic and seasoning (Bovine Bold) to the meat, and a couple of eggs to help hold it together when cooked.As you can tell by the smoke ring a actually smoked the burger, look how it fills my little WSM! I added a little over .5 pounds of bacon for the weave and another half pound combined of PepperJack and Cheddar/Montery Jack blend cheeses. Two good sized maters and 1/2 head of lettuce must add at least another pound for a total of 9 pounds!

I always worry that there might not be enough food, so I bacon wrapped four Cajun Hot Sausages for appetizers. I hope you enjoy the pron.

Attachments

• XL Throwdown 003.jpg
    XL Throwdown 003.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 519
  • XL Throwdown 004.jpg
    XL Throwdown 004.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 512
  • XL Throwdown 005.jpg
    XL Throwdown 005.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 510
  • XL Throwdown 006.jpg
    XL Throwdown 006.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 517
  • XL Throwdown 015.jpg
    XL Throwdown 015.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 515
  • XL Throwdown 016.jpg
    XL Throwdown 016.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 515
  • XL Throwdown 017.jpg
    XL Throwdown 017.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 518
  • XL Throwdown 018.jpg
    XL Throwdown 018.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 515
  • XL Throwdown 020.jpg
    XL Throwdown 020.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 519
Classic! Love the diet Mt Dew thrown in for good measure.

Very nice looking burger you got there, and a Diet Dew to wash it down, Life's good!

I'd like to take on that burger...........mano a mano!!! Dang that looks good! I'd hit that with both hands!

My kind of SUPERSIZE!!

Last edited:
Now thats a burger! I think even Man vs. Food couldn't put that one away!
Nice job! How many people did you feed?

That my friend gives Whataburger a whole new meaning. I'll take 2 please and does that come with fries or onion rings? Nice job

Back