• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tater Salad

brdbbq

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have a decebt recipe for this ? Wife made a batch yesterday, it's awful blah. :oops:

Ain't fancy but i was raised on the smooth mustard version:

POTATO SALAD

4 lg. potatoes, boiled & mashed
1/2 onion, chopped fine
2 boiled eggs chopped
3 chopped dill pickles
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 c. mustard
3/4 c .mayo
Add above to mashed potatoes, stir until smooth

Sounds good OL doesn't like Onion so I'm deprived unless I sneak it in there.

OL doesn't like Onion
Nice to hear I'm not the only one who deals with this. For mine it's not the flavor its a texture thing so real tiny pieces she can't find or great big ones she can sort out. Pain in the ass Mod. pita mod.

Potatoes (boiled, skinned, cubed)
onion chopped
dill pickle chopped
sweet pickle chopped
celery chopped
pimento
mustard
mayo
paprika
salt
Egg optional

That's the closest I can come since I don't think anyone in the family has ever taken the time to measure anything in that recipe. For a slight change I use some Habanero mustard, or a chipotle mustard now and then. I it sounds like a winner let me know and I'll measure ingredients next time.

brdbbq said:
Anyone have a decebt recipe for this ? Wife made a batch yesterday, it's awful blah. :oops:

Was that with your teeth in or in the the cup in the bathroom? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My recipe is similar to Jorge's or frognot's. I will also pour in pickle juice when the jar is getting low. Its kind of a "whats in the fridge" thing for me. Celery is fair game. And I use red new potatoes so I do not have to peel them.

Used new potatoes as well, and cheat by tossing them in the steamer. Just not for the parents since Mom would have an issue with the new fangled adjustment.

Solidkick said:
brdbbq said:

Was that with your teeth in or in the the cup in the bathroom? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I left my "Cup" in NY. Sharon found it and yelled at Phil what the hell is this ? Pretrty funny. Anyway they was in. Most times they are otherwise Grandpa Jones Mod.

Jorge said:
Potatoes (boiled, skinned, cubed)
onion chopped
dill pickle chopped
sweet pickle chopped
celery chopped
pimento
mustard
mayo
paprika
salt
Egg optional

That's the closest I can come since I don't think anyone in the family has ever taken the time to measure anything in that recipe. For a slight change I use some Habanero mustard, or a chipotle mustard now and then. I it sounds like a winner let me know and I'll measure ingredients next time.

Mwasure Please, but it needs radish.

I dated a Japanese girl named Mwasure
Sideways mod?

After having read a couple of Brians posts this morning, I was wondering if he had borrowed Phil's defective keyboard or is getting into the spirit of the getting sauced thing a bit early or he's just hard to understand before he puts his teeth in. :mrgreen:

kcquer said:
I dated a Japanese girl named Mwasure
Sideways mod?

After having read a couple of Brians posts this morning, I was wondering if he had borrowed Phil's defective keyboard or is getting into the spirit of the getting sauced thing a bit early or he's just hard to understand before he puts his teeth in. :mrgreen:

Dell keyboard at work sucks. Anyhow I could go back and edit all the fark up's but it would take away from the post so to speak. That and you guys are like vultures sitting on a limd waiting to pounce. :lol:

I am at leest an ewqual opportunity farker, I gave Bill a decebt amuont of crap over on the sauce idae thred.

Back