worcestershire powder

I

icemncmth

I have been Q'n for years and I use a lot of worcestershire powder, I was wondering if anyone else uses it?

Seems like when I pull it out even people who have been cooking for years give me a funny look and when I tell them what it is they have a shocked look on their face.

worcestershire powder? never heard of it. I'll see what google turns up.......................................................

sure enuf, there it is

Worcestershire Powder, Chef, 25 oz
$13.99 new - AmericanSpice.com
WORCESTERSHIRE POWDER (1 lb Bulk)
$8.81 new - MySpicer.com
Worcestershire Powder, Stove, 5 oz
$2.99 new - AmericanSpice.com

I'll be trying it.

Thanks

Home BBQ has a "Garlic Lovers Steak" seasoning that is labeled as having a "worcestershire base," which oddly enough, I find to be excellent on white meats such as loin, chicken, fish, etc. I would never put worcestershire on those things, but something about this rub works for me on those items.

As a matter of fact, here is a loin with the "worcestershire base" rub:
IMG_0052.jpg

I use it. Love the stuff. Started using it about 3 years ago. I get mine from myspicer.com.

It clumps up over time into indestructable rocks, so don't buy too large. Also, be careful when using it as it is so fine, and when it gets in the air if you breathe some in you are gonna sneeze your arse off big time.

Besides using it in rubs, I use it to make a "Chex-mix" style seasoning along with some Molly McButter, garlic and onion powders and cayenne, which is real useful for sprinkling on various things.

never heard of the powder, but i LOVE a splash of the sauce on my steaks.

Mrs Badit saw this... and is now in our pantry, too.

http://www.mccormick.com/Products/H...Worcestershire-Ground-Black-Pepper-Blend.aspx

Worcestershire Ground Black Pepper Blend

The enticing flavor of Worcestershire sauce has been artfully combined with black pepper to create this irresistible seasoning.
USAGE
Our Favorite Steak

MIX 3 tablespoons each oil and water, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons each McCormick® Worcestershire Pepper and Minced Onions, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

ADD 1 pound steak; coat well.

REFRIGERATE 30 minutes.

BROIL or grill until desired doneness.

SPRINKLE with additional Worcestershire Pepper before serving.
USAGE
Shake on steak, burgers, chicken, pork chops or potatoes before and after cooking.
PRODUCT INGREDIENTS
BLACK PEPPER, AND WORCESTERSHIRE POWDER (BROWN SUGAR, ONION, MALTODEXTRIN, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, SPICES, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, GARLIC, VINEGAR SOLIDS, NATURAL FLAVOR, AND TAMARIND EXTRACT).

AVAILABLE SIZE
2.00 ounces, UPC 5210056828
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
This product has no significant nutritional value per 1/4 tsp. serving.

I use it in rubs and such. Good stuff. Be careful with the stuff from Spicebarn. While it used to be the real deal, I think it's artificial now. One of the ingredients is soy sauce solids.

dmp

Well, I use it in the only rub that I have never published the recipe for. Plowboy tried some back in 2007...

Smoked some thighs yesterday to put on the pizzas and have around for dinner for the kids tonight. (They love chicken off the smoker.) Wife comes out of the kitchen and says, "Wow, that chicken was amazing."

Me: "It wasn't our rub." :mad:

Wife: :icon_blush: "Oh, sorry. It was really good, though. I didn't eat any of the skin so I'm sure I didn't taste any rub." :icon_blush:

Me: "That's okay, I need to tell a guy if you thought it was really good."

Wife: "It was." :icon_blush:

Me: :mad:

Wife: :icon_shy

Wayne (Thirdeye): Nice rub, buddy! :biggrin: I too got a better taste on it this time. Let me know when the first cooking class is so I can get my flight to Casper booked. :wink:

Back