Kids and Q

BBQ_Mayor

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This weekend at Mn in May my son cooked in the kids Q. It was a chicken only cook. He say he wanted to cook the chicken the same way we do at comps.:-D:p

I say, OK. You need this, this and this. He picks it all up and gets to grilling. He ends up Reserve Grand Champion!. :eusa_clap

Maybe I need to think about having him do the chicken for me.

Heres some pics.

IMG_6596_1.JPG

IMG_6656_20.JPG
IMG_6601_6.JPG

Congrats to him! He will have to enter Marshalltown and LaPorte City's Kid Q now.

Sounds like he deserves more then just a Lil Smokey. (BTW, I have a WSM to sell)

A HUGE congrats!

We have a local team that the son does their chicken, I believe Sammy is like 11-12 years old, and he kicks our butt on a regular basis!
Once he goes up to adult cooking he can't or shouldn't go back to kids q. Don't know if it is a written rule or not....

The Kid on the left of your son looks familiar... Is that the guy who stole my Sauce?... lol lots of fun standing in the rain for 2 hours congrats to your son.

they start so young and grow up so fast next thing you know they are kicking your a**:-D:rolleyes:

The Kid on the left of your son looks familiar... Is that the guy who stole my Sauce?... lol lots of fun standing in the rain for 2 hours congrats to your son.

Takes great Dads to do stuff like that also. Kudos to you guys. All the kids looked just pumped to go up front. It was awsome.

Dan

Ray, congrats to your son! Good thing he looks nothing like the old man, hes got good hair. Can he give us a lesson?

He wasn't the one that stole it, he was just caught putting it back. :cool:
You should of got an honarable mention from that at least.

Back