• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Bod

LostNation

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This is a letter I just sent off tho KCBS, I couldn't think of a better person to be on the board then Linda.

It is my pleasure to nominate Linda Mullane for candidacy in the 2007 KCBS board of directors election.
Linda along with her husband Jerry have been the KCBS rep's at over 40 contests and have certified almost 600 new judges since 2003. Linda will continue the fine work that Ed Roth has done working with the judges and the KCBS rep's.

Thanks,

Rich Decker

Linda has my vote.

I hope that didn't cost her too many!

ABSOLUTELY!!!

LostNation said:
This is a letter I just sent off tho KCBS, I couldn't think of a better person to be on the board then Linda.

It is my pleasure to nominate Linda Mullane for candidacy in the 2007 KCBS board of directors election.
Linda along with her husband Jerry have been the KCBS rep's at over 40 contests and have certified almost 600 new judges since 2003. Linda will continue the fine work that Ed Roth has done working with the judges and the KCBS rep's.

Thanks,

Rich Decker

Excellent choice Rich. I certainly can't think of anyone more capable and deserving. If elected she will do a fine job.

In the few times I've met Linda at judges classes or at contests, she displays a passion for what she does...and she does it well.

She would get my vote...

drbbq said:
That's great news.
Has she agreed to run?

Yes Ray she has. We have talked a number of times over the summer and especally last weekend. I've told her that I would nominate her as soon as she agreed to run. She gave me the go ahead on Tuesday.

Sorry I haven't met up with you in the past year, looking forward to it in the future.

Hmmmm,

I don't think she is part of the "good ole boy" group from the "good ole boy" part of the country.

Unless KCBS breaks themselves up into regions and gets representatives from each region I give up on them. Let them stay in Kansas.

The KCBS needs to get into the 21st century.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smoker said:
Hmmmm,

I don't think she is part of the "good ole boy" group from the "good ole boy" part of the country.

Unless KCBS breaks themselves up into regions and gets representatives from each region I give up on them. Let them stay in Kansas.

The KCBS needs to get into the 21st century.
Well, I live in the good ole boy part of the country, and know some of the good ole boys here. In last years election I cast my votes for candidates residing in AL, NY, MI, and OK..........and two of those I voted for were elected.

hmmm. I have to agree with Greg, I too, voted for some "non-good ole' boys" in NY and OK..... but I also voted for some KS folk as well.

IMHO, If the KCBS breaks into regions than it isnt really the KCBS anymore. Lots of regional, state, and city BBQ societies out there.... we need to grow/support them if you want regional flair.

There are alot of thing the KCBS could change/do better/do differently... lord knows I disagree with alot of thier decisions, but don't give the beast 4-5 heads to swing around.... a three headed dog is clumsy enough.:wink:

Back