Snake River Farms

DCFIREMANN

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
With all of the problems people are having getting briskets from SRF, I was on the fence and looking for other vendors. I found a vendor who can get SRF briskets at a good price (at least to me) I got my delivery today. I was going to order 12 cases right off the bat so I would have them through the year. When I placed the order they asked me what size I was looking for. I told them 15 to 17 would be fine. I got a call a day later and was told they would be 13 to 15 pounders. So I only ordered 5 cases knowing I may have a problem with them. Well when the driver unloaded them he handed me the first one. It was packed on 10/22/2012 and it was the lightest box at 40.6 pounds. I opened the box and was very pleased to say the least. They had very little fat on either one. The heaviest box was 42.8 and they both looked great!!!! Needles to say I AM A HAPPY MAN!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

The vendor was Capital Meats in Winchester. They were very easy to deal with and will deliver right to your door. I am getting ready to order 5 more cases this week!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Congrats on the heavy boxes. I picked up a case yesterday and it was 29 lbs, so you might enjoy those heavy ones while you can. I hope they produce some good results for you.

One thing I would watch for is freezer burn (yes, even though they are cryovac'ed). Also, if all of those were packed in October, you are hitting the 6 month mark. How quickly are you going to do 10 contests?

I think you need to add a beautiful Backwoods Party to your arsenal list.

EJHOFFY;2434091[COLOR=red said:
]I think you need to add a beautiful Backwoods Party to your arsenal list[/COLOR].

Oh I plan on breaking in that beautiful party tomorrow on a practice cook!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

If you don't mind sharing what is the cost per pound when you order that many briskets?

Delivered to my house was 8.50 a pound. This was my first order and I plan on working them on price on the next order.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Congrats on the heavy boxes. I picked up a case yesterday and it was 29 lbs, so you might enjoy those heavy ones while you can. I hope they produce some good results for you.

One thing I would watch for is freezer burn (yes, even though they are cryovac'ed). Also, if all of those were packed in October, you are hitting the 6 month mark. How quickly are you going to do 10 contests?[/QUOTE]

I looked at them real close. They look great. I will have the 10 comps under my belt by the middle of July. But I am also going to pull them 1 at a time and wet age them 28 more days before each comp. So by the middle of June they will all have been out of the freezer.

Thanks for the advice

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Back