• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wicked Good Question

Blackcatbone007

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
I have used Wicked Good many times but the last bag I bought seems to be off. I am wondering if anyone else has had a bag that pops and sparks. It also seems to be producing a lot of ash. Just wondering if maybe it was just a bad bag?

I just opened a basg this weekend and did not have a problem Never have Now I bought this a few months ago

I am almost out of my first two bags of wicked good. I only get the sparks going when I light off some charcoals that i used on previous cooks.

I am going to be picking up more bags of WW this weekend since I have enough coals for 1 more cook.

My brother & I were getting ready to buy a skidload of bags to save some money. We were waiting because they had a goofy issue with bags on the previous production run but when we followed up a month later to see where things stood we were told that they are not happy with the consistency of the latest production and she advised against buying volume of it. Perhaps that's what is starting to get out into the market.

The last bag I used, (yesterday), was fireworks central. Lots of sparks throughout the cook. I thought I was using mesquite lump.

Yup, lotsa sparks when I turn the weedburner on a pile of fresh Wicked Good. Lotsa heat for lotsa hours, too. Good stuff.

I wonder how long they have had this issue. I bought it for the first time a few months back and I wasn't too impressed. I can think of several other brands I liked better. When it burned it smelled like a cigarette ashtray (I don't smoke so that smell didn't do anything for me).

^^^^Sounds like you and I got from the same batch. IMHO "The Good One" lump is the best out there.

I bought one 22# bag a few months ago. Never again. I'll stay with USA RO lump. Much better for less $.

I found that Wicked Good burns really hot as compared to the RO. I have since taken to the RO Chef's Select Hardwood Briquettes which I think burn cooler than Wicked and burn longer. I can also control the fire better with the briquettes although I dont really know why. I switch to wood after the charcoal burns.

Back