trailer build pron

sitnfat

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Ok here are pictures of my trailer build. I dont want to burn up in Birmingham so I built this..To start with its a 12 foot dovetail trailer I mounted Lena on a steel chassis the front 8 foot of the trailer I framed up and covered. I cut the lip of the rail to match the steel sign posts then slid them down to the correct hieght and welded them in place I bolted wood to the inside and outside. covered withj roofing metal and built a wall for the rear. I am pretty happy with it gonna finish out the interior this week.. When cooking I will lay the tail gate out flat and roll the smoker out onto it it works pretty good not hard to roll at all. The wieght inside the front offsets the smoker so it pulls pretty good too. I just need some PBR patio lights and I will be set

Attachments

• smoker1.jpg
    smoker1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 363
  • smoker2.jpg
    smoker2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 357
  • smoker3.jpg
    smoker3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 356
  • smoker4.jpg
    smoker4.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 355
  • smoker5.jpg
    smoker5.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 355
Very cool. I guess the right side of the cooker is the firebox that is partitioned somehow? I do have to say you are a brave soul leaving that thing on wheels. You don't show a completed front but man that thing looks like a sweat box in a Tennessee summer. Nice work though. What other plans do you have?

Pretty cool, I like how the smoker comes off. Then you have a little porch for hanging out on. All you need now is an old sofa. Or whatever you guys call them down there, couch?

A work of art indeed, the only thin g I would have done is shorten the cab and leave the porch bigger in case it rains , you can cook and stay dry, but I'm a sissy:p
mike

thanks guys I have eye bolts welded to the frame so there are 4 straps holding it in place plus there are rails the wheels sit in. I have 4 foot between the wall and the smoker all covered so its will stay dry well dryer than what my tent provided me. Yes I have a nice ac unit that will be inside. I will get interior pics up when I am done

That's definitely a build to be proud of! Lots of BS&T went into that trailer. Curious about that weight of the whole project and was wondering if you had to upgrade the axle?

not sure about the wieght but the axle is good for 3500lbs I think that should be enough

Back