Newbie lookin to help out......(Indiana)

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I just saw this thread!!!
I'm no where NEAR ready to compete myself (I don't think) but I'd LOVE to see what it's all about.

I just went to the KCBS site and the following comps are in my neck of the woods:

Jasper Straussenfest BBQ Contest
Jasper, IN
7/31-8/1

Madison Ribberfest
BBQ, Blues & Balloons
Madison, IN
8/21-8/22

Bean Blossom Blues, Brews & BBQ
Nashville, IN
8/28-8/29

Anyone planning on cooking at any of these?
I'm a damn hard worker, and would love to help someone out if they're willing to show a newbie what it's all about.

Let me know.
Thanks!

Come up to Michigan. Lowell is this weekend and Grand Rapids in 2 weeks. If I remember right Mooresville is right near Indy. If so you live very close to one of the best mentors there is - Dave Stamper. You should look him up and see if he's looking for a helper. He'll probably be doing the cotnests you have listed. I think Dave is on here sometimes and he's also on the BBQ Forum sometimes.

But like I said you're welcome to hang out and do chores for me anytime. It's an open invite to people and 2 or 3 is fine. Looks like I may have 2 helpers already for GR.

Come up to Michigan. Lowell is this weekend and Grand Rapids in 2 weeks. If I remember right Mooresville is right near Indy. If so you live very close to one of the best mentors there is - Dave Stamper. You should look him up and see if he's looking for a helper. He'll probably be doing the cotnests you have listed. I think Dave is on here sometimes and he's also on the BBQ Forum sometimes.

But like I said you're welcome to hang out and do chores for me anytime. It's an open invite to people and 2 or 3 is fine. Looks like I may have 2 helpers already for GR.

Thanks for the offer! Just saw this, so obviously too late for this weekend. GR is a bit of a drive for me, hopefully something comes together for me closer to home at one of the above events. I just saw that theres some of the Brethren cooking at Jasper on another thread.

I'll try and look up Dave Stamper. Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I work in Indianapolis. Only about 15-20 minutes away. I'll try and search him out on the site.....see if I can.

Thanks a lot for the offer. Don't even know exactly where GR is off the top of my head. I'll look into details and let you know. Weekend of 7/25-7/26?

I just signed up for the Jasper contest. Your welcome to come out and work with us. Let me know.

We're also cooking at Madison. Don't know about Nasville although we cooked at the contest last year.

I just signed up for the Jasper contest. Your welcome to come out and work with us. Let me know.

We're also cooking at Madison. Don't know about Nasville although we cooked at the contest last year.

Double D can I send Pork Chop up there to learn something ?? He's high maint but loyal as a puppy. :lol:

Sure send him over. Just make sure he brings some of that good KY pizza you guys are all talking about on the forum. Sure would like to try some!

Sure send him over. Just make sure he brings some of that good KY pizza you guys are all talking about on the forum. Sure would like to try some!

I'll have some for ya come time for the Hoosier Daddy event. What kind you like ? Keep in mind that Tony Impellizzeri's large with everything weights 12lbs. His large Sicilian weights 16lbs. :eek: :lol:

See ya in October. :wink:

Woa, that's some serious pizza. I like it simple, pepporoni and italian sausage. How much weight is that going to add? And one last question. How do you stay so skinny eating like that? I'd like to know the secret.

See you in October!

Dallas aka Big D

Woa, that's some serious pizza. I like it simple, pepporoni and italian sausage. How much weight is that going to add? And one last question. How do you stay so skinny eating like that? I'd like to know the secret.

See you in October!

Dallas aka Big D

A large Pepperoni & Sausage will be about a 6lb'r. :wink: BTW Tony makes all his own sausage. It's gooood too !! :mrgreen:

Skinny ?? Keepin Pork Chop on task and out of trouble wears it off of me. :lol:

I'll have some for ya come time for the Hoosier Daddy event. What kind you like ? Keep in mind that Tony Impellizzeri's large with everything weights 12lbs. His large Sicilian weights 16lbs. :eek: :lol:

See ya in October. :wink:

good lord thats not a Pizza!!! Thats a Brick!!!! LOL 16 pounds?? WOW!!!!

I have had the Super Sicilian and could only eat 2 pieces. Best pizza I ever had. It has been too long ago and I can sense a visit to Impellizeri's coming very soon.

I have had the Super Sicilian and could only eat 2 pieces. Best pizza I ever had. It has been too long ago and I can sense a visit to Impellizeri's coming very soon.

Dale let me know when. I'll meet you out there. We will let Pork Chop keep that nasty ole Wicks for himself. :lol:

Back