MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #16
RangerJ
is one Smokin' Farker

2nd one that has been stolen around here.

1st one was the big Lang, owned by Killen's BBQ. It was quickly found as I think they figured out that Langs are uncommon around here and stick out like a sore thumb.

Pits are on every corner here and in every storage lot as well so lots of targets of opportunity.

My trailer currently has the hitch lock but I think I'm going to invest in the boot product as well. The dollar amount of the trailer is increasing as I add pieces and parts to conduct business and will go up considerably once the pits are completed and installed.
RangerJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #17
beer and bbq
Got Wood.

Sad as it is locks only keep honest people honest.
beer and bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
BASSER
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : ROB

Sounds like a opportunity to tie a BFD to your smoker

WSM 18.5", Weber Kettle, Thermapen, Maverick ET-732
BASSER is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #19
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Catch 'em & hang 'em, but not to high, let their heels & toes scrape the ground for a frew minutes so they can come to terms with the fact they are just A-hole scum!

Old 08-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #20
txcooks
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Hey gang,

Just now commenting cuz just got approved to post. I'm a member of the cooking team that had the pit stolen on Sunday which what this thread is about. Pit is owned by catering company & some team members. We have had a tremendous response in getting the word out....news coverage all 3 major TV stations, some print media and our FB page has been slammed with people looking and sharing by the 1000's. People have shared on blogs such as this all over the place. Grateful for all the help from everywhere....this could happen to anyone. We do mostly BBQ competitions that support a charity as well as other benefits for charity such as the TAFR benefit for the firefighters in Houston & West, TX and an upcoming benefit for melanoma.

Few facts: Catering company where our pit trailer stored was located in off beaten path industrial warehouse area not visable to just the general public. This was a targeted/planned event. Best guess is a worker in area or someone working a tractor-trailer that frequents the area for deliveries & knew caterer's operating hours & planned this for a Sun afternoon when knew would be closed. The parking storage area was secured with 8 ft fencing with barbed wire on top. Gate was access controlled. Multiple security cameras. Our pit had a trailer hitch cover lock on it....exact same model Grillman posted above. That didn't stop them. In & out in just few minutes. Yes, next time we are investing in a wheel boot...lesson learned.

We still think pit trailer couldn't have gone too far. Didn't hook up trailer lights and we know that one light is out...just happened & hadn't had fixed yet. Pit could be anywhere, but it's reasonable to deduct that may be hidden N. Houston somewhere north of I-10 from I-10 W over to I-10 E and north up to Beltway 8. We have the BBQ comp circuit on lookout for and lots of people from all over Houston, Texas & beyond. Thanks again for everone looking out for this pit.
Here is link to our FB page if you want to see pictures of pit and get more info https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sons-...4555707?ref=hl
txcooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #21
beer and bbq
Got Wood.

Good luck in recovering your pit. I'm glad they like smoke cause there's a special place in hell for those farkers!
beer and bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #22
Stingerhook
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marty

I hope whoever catches them has no problem being judge, jury, and executioner.

UDS now gone, WSM 18", WSM 22" and pellet pooper in the garage for 18 months now.
Stingerhook is offline   Reply With Quote