UDS - side table ideas

grilling24x7

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of UDSs with great side tables on one side on the main UDS thread. However, I'm not seeing where this type of table is purchased.

All I really want is a small side table that I can mount via a right angle shelf bracket. I was thinking a small wood cutting board, drill some holes in and attach to the right angle bracket?

Any ideas on where to find a small side table for a UDS?
Clearly, I think it would be great to have a little shelf to hold thermometers and such.

I just cut a piece of wood to fit with a jig saw, sanded, stained, sealed and attached it with shelf brackets. It was quick and simple.

Side tables are really handy to have! http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-uds-so-far.html

100_4616-1.jpg

100_4622-1.jpg

Ok so these guys are doing it themselves. Gotcha. Cowgirl, that looks great! My only problem is no jig saw. So I guess I can just do a square version.

Thanks,
John

Doesn't have to fit around the drum...mine are stainless and welded to some angle iron, but there is a gap between the drum and table...still works just as good and you can accomplish the same thing with wood and shelf brackets as the others mentioned.

7.jpg

Maybe you can borrow a jigsaw from someone? If not you can buy a cheap one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a jigsaw at a garage sale a few years back for a $1. I have used it several times and it is still running fine. but I think Walmart has them 20 or 25 bucks. Get a metal cutting blade and you and also cut expanded steel with it and use it to make fire baskets and racks for your grill so it serves multiple purposes.

I used the side tables from a medium big green egg for mine. Sometimes you can pick them up pretty cheap from someone who has built a table for their egg. The added benefit of the egg tables are that they fold down and are out of the way when you don't need them there.

The other option is a small table. I use this and it works great fro my drum. Also a standard upright grill cover fits the drum.

I found this at Home Depot! $7 and it's really what I was looking for.

I picked up some 90 degree shelf brackets. I figure I'll stain and seal it.

Attachments

• bretheren_wood.jpg
    bretheren_wood.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 237
Good luck and take pics for us! :thumb::grin:

Back