Greenwich Town Party

JimmyDAL

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Who's going? I talked to the organizer about allowing some pp cooked in advance only makes sense no? Thoughts?

yea, I was wondering why they picked PP as a turn-in?? we have to start serving at Noon, so when were they planning on us getting there??:shocked:

I think if we ALL contact Steph we would be able to bring in some premade. Would that be too much to ask?

Have Clint call her, but I Agree, the only way is to precook, I am still waiting for more details about the chicken and portion sizes, 700 serve rings, really ? They will less than 4000 total, why do you need 7000 servings of each ?

We will be there. Whether we have to cook 2 butts on site or 20 doesn't make a difference so I dont think the precook has any advantage unless you are precooking all your PP. I do have a concern with the recommended servings. 700+ for 9-10 teams seems excessive and I am fearful of the amount of food going into the garbage. 5,000 tickets sold, estimate at best 4,000 people there at noon Of which 3,000 will participate in eating BBQ and we will have 6,000+ servings.

See you on the 26th..

Obviously the ability to pre-cook would be helpful. You can put my name on the "petition" if you want.

Plus the bone on chicken also

We will be there. Whether we have to cook 2 butts on site or 20 doesn't make a difference so I dont think the precook has any advantage unless you are precooking all your PP. I do have a concern with the recommended servings. 700+ for 9-10 teams seems excessive and I am fearful of the amount of food going into the garbage. 5,000 tickets sold, estimate at best 4,000 people there at noon Of which 3,000 will participate in eating BBQ and we will have 6,000+ servings.

See you on the 26th..

Don't underestimate . I did that last year and was out of food not even half way through

It's going to be a sheet ton of food for sure. I'm having all of mine delivered from Applebees.

Talked to Steph, some clarification will be forthcoming shortly about serving amounts

As Sled said, we helped him out last year and we went through all of the food in 35 minutes. Just trying to make it easier for all parties involved, that's all.

Back