MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
DONHARWELL
Found some matches.

Default Your comments for February KCBS meeting.

OK Guys, February the 6th the KCBS Board will be a having a day long planning meeting. I would love to hear what you would like to see come out of this meeting and KCBS. I not looking for bull here, but I do want to hear from you. Email me at the kcbs us at my user name of dharwell.

FYI - It was nice to see a lot of Brethren in Philly this weekend.

DonH
DONHARWELL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Don,

I'd like to see a motion and vote on making committee members public. I'd also like a motion and vote on using the KCBS website to announce committee openings and allow members to communicate their interest to the committee chair for consideration.

Thanks for your service.

Todd

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
crd26a
Full Fledged Farker

I second Todd's comment on committee members and open positions.

I'd also like to see formal strategic objectives with defined measures added and addressed. These should also ultimately link to the committee goals and structure, with formal requirement on how the committee is addressing these goals. No more "No Report" for multiple months on end.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
Spydermike72
Babbling Farker

How about financial reports ?
Backwoods Competitor
Backwoods Party
Weber Performer
Certified Moink Baller
Past President of the Great Lakes BBQ Association

For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know
Spydermike72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
Bbq Bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydermike72 View Post
How about financial reports ?

No report.
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
crd26a
Full Fledged Farker

Almost forgot

Term Limits - Allowed to serve X number of terms (3 or 4 maybe) then a mandatory cooling off period of Y years (or 1 term). For those that continue to want to serve in a capacity within the organization, they can continue to serve and have roles on respective committees.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
Don,

I'd like to see a motion and vote on making committee members public. I'd also like a motion and vote on using the KCBS website to announce committee openings and allow members to communicate their interest to the committee chair for consideration.
+1

I'd also like to see a financial statement showing expenditures for the annual meeting in Philadelphia vs income from attendees. There's no way that sad excuse for a buffet should have cost $14,000+. I'd like to know what else my $53 (and everyone else's) subsidized.

Even if the banquet attendees alone footed the bill for the 3 meeting rooms and the banquet hall rental (which they shouldn't have) the cost vs services provided seemed way out of line.

Since the hotel was unable to fulfill it's contractual obligation (they ran out of food during service) are banquet attendees going to get partial refunds?
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289

Last edited by Slamdunkpro; 01-17-2010 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: Editied to correct spelling and missing words - edits in italics
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #8
Merl
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd26a View Post
Almost forgot

Term Limits - Allowed to serve X number of terms (3 or 4 maybe) then a mandatory cooling off period of Y years (or 1 term). For those that continue to want to serve in a capacity within the organization, they can continue to serve and have roles on respective committees.
Are you asking to expand the current term limits. I cannot agree with that. I think are current term limits are good, and just cannot go along with an expansion of the number of terms a board member can serve without a break.
Merl
Merl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #9
LindaM
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd26a View Post
Almost forgot

There are specific term limits. Only 2 terms permitted 3 years each, and only three years on the executive committee position. You must sit out 1 year after you have reached the limits.
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
LindaM
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
Don,

Thanks for your service.

Todd
Todd,
The chairs are all listed on the KCBS website with their email addresses. The duties may change in Feburary but at least on my part I would be happy to have volunteers interested in being on my committee.
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #11
crd26a
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaM View Post
There are specific term limits. Only 2 terms permitted 3 years each, and only three years on the executive committee position. You must sit out 1 year after you have reached the limits.
Thanks for the clarification - I would say if its a 1 year cooling period (2 terms, off a year, another 2 terms) I'd move to extend the cooling period.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #12
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaM View Post
Todd,
The chairs are all listed on the KCBS website with their email addresses. The duties may change in Feburary but at least on my part I would be happy to have volunteers interested in being on my committee.
Linda,

Look at my post again. That isn't what I asked for. I asked for committee members specifically, not chairs. You are correct that we know who the chairs are.

Something more formal than "you can email me" would be nice. For instance, if the Technology committee was looking for certain skills to support an initiative, I'm sure members who have those skills would like to know so that they can choose to step up.

Todd

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Old 01-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #13
Jeff_in_KC

Todd, I LOVE your idea! I see no reason why this could not be done! I know it would get more members interested and involved! Afterall, it's up to all of us to help make KCBS a better organization, not just the Board. They can't do it without us!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #14
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
Todd, I LOVE your idea! I see no reason why this could not be done! I know it would get more members interested and involved! Afterall, it's up to all of us to help make KCBS a better organization, not just the Board. They can't do it without us!
Hmmm... maybe I should run for the board.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

I would like to serve on a committee
Yes the concept of everyone knowing who is serving on which committee is a good one.
The days of "No Report" should be over.

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote