Contest Announcment Bartlett Fresh Market/ Royal Oak Charcoal 2009 Backyard BBQ Rib Cook Off, Bartlett, IL - Aug. 15, 2009

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There will be a rib cook-off in Bartlett IL. on Saturday August 15. The contest is sponsored by the Bartlett Fresh Market and Royal Oak. The entry fee is $25 for an entry into the rib category and the sauce category. Royal Oak will provide each participant with a bag of Royal Oak All natural Charcoal.

First prize for ribs is a Royal Oak Smoker Grill and First prize for sauce is $25. Prizes will be awarded to 5th place for ribs and 3rd place for sauce. Ribs will be pork ribs (baby backs or spares) and will be turned in at 1:00pm. Sauce will be turned in at 1:30pm and the awards ceremony will be at 2:30pm.

More details can be found on the entry form (attached to this post) or by contacting Brethren member Bones (Chris) via PM or use the e-mail address on the entry form.

Attachments

• Bartlett Fresh Market Rib Cook Off 7-2009.xls
    370 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I think we actually have that weekend open.

We may have to think about this one!

What are the rules (prepping meat etc) and timing as far as arrival (sorry I can't open the attachment with the crackberry).

Don't know about arrival time. Hopefully Chris will see this and chime in.

The entry form says "Ribs can be prepped prior to competition but not cooked"

Is boiling considered prepping or cooking? :twisted:

I will arrive at 6:00 am. If someone wants to arrive sooner I will be available.

I think we actually have that weekend open.

We may have to think about this one!

What are the rules (prepping meat etc) and timing as far as arrival (sorry I can't open the attachment with the crackberry).

Hopefully this turns out to be a fun contest. We targeted this weekend because no contest are scheduled close to the Chicago area.

Come on out and give it a shot.

OK, maybe I'll judge. As I am not sure about being able to commit to cooking.

We are working on judges. We plan to get the guy that Keith uses for the winter burn-off and a mixture of locals and certified if they want to Judge.

Chris - Pm'ed you

Can anyone send me contact information for The B team BBQ team and Ma and Pa Kettle?

Or if you are reading this please PM me.

Thanks

Chris

For the ribs, is the contest following KCBS guidelines? 6 pieces, garnish, etc. Lord knows I need practice cooking ribs, but I don't know for sure if this weekend is open yet.

For the ribs, is the contest following KCBS guidelines? 6 pieces, garnish, etc. Lord knows I need practice cooking ribs, but I don't know for sure if this weekend is open yet.

Yes
let me know if you need an entry form

We have 7 teams signed up. If you are in the Chicago are and want to come just shoot me a PM and I will get you a entry form.

Thanks
Chris

Back