THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deslock

Knows what a fatty is.
I am doing somewhat of a "stay-cation" this week so it gives me more time to cook, and today it was burgers over the Akorn & fries (made by the girlfriend). Usually I just cook 'em over the fire but decided to use my diffuser to double up as a grease catcher & they came out great, they started out as 1/2lb burgers but as you can see they did shrink up a bit, not too greasy/juicy & not to dry. The example of the finished product below includes swiss cheese, pickles, and a couple dabs of sriracha sauce for a little kick.
Enjoy the photos, I'll enjoy the burger.

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1750.jpg
    IMG_1750.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1751.jpg
    IMG_1751.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 281
I am doing somewhat of a "stay-cation" this week so it gives me more time to cook, and today it was burgers over the Akorn & fries (made by the girlfriend). Usually I just cook 'em over the fire but decided to use my diffuser to double up as a grease catcher & they came out great, they started out as 1/2lb burgers but as you can see they did shrink up a bit, not too greasy/juicy & not to dry. The example of the finished product below includes swiss cheese, pickles, and a couple dabs of sriracha sauce for a little kick.
Enjoy the photos, I'll enjoy the burger.

I got a plate just like your's: the square japanese/mexican looking one :) I bought it from walmart because I wanted some cool serving plates for various food.

Looks good, I haven't seen nearly as many Akorn posts as I used to. I was wondering if the love for them had died down after owning them a while!

I haven't seen nearly as many Akorn posts as I used to. I was wondering if the love for them had died down after owning them a while!
If you check JM's kamado site you find a lot of folks who still love em. I own one but prefer my UDS. They are a great grill/smoker, some deal with maintaining low temps, I just did some simple fixes and now I can control the temps easily, just like the UDS. I mostly use mine for searing burgers/steaks or extra smoking room when required.

Nice lookin burgers/fries

Looks good, I haven't seen nearly as many Akorn posts as I used to. I was wondering if the love for them had died down after owning them a while!

Thank you! I love my Akorn, it's my first kamado & so glad to have gotten the experience with it, it's also how I found this site through the Akorn Mega-thread off google.

If you check JM's kamado site you find a lot of folks who still love em. I own one but prefer my UDS. They are a great grill/smoker, some deal with maintaining low temps, I just did some simple fixes and now I can control the temps easily, just like the UDS. I mostly use mine for searing burgers/steaks or extra smoking room when required.

Nice lookin burgers/fries

Pretty much, & thanks. :becky:

Nope, we're just too busy cooking on them.

This man speaks truff :thumb:

I got a plate just like your's: the square japanese/mexican looking one :) I bought it from walmart because I wanted some cool serving plates for various food.

Heh, those are the GF's, she has a whole set of bowls & plates, I have really gotten used to em now but always affraid I'll break one. :doh:

Back