kcbs in dillard?

eagle697

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My team is trying to sign up for the kcbs comp in dillard GA august 1-2. We have emailed the contact and gotten no response. Does anyone have any information on this one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dillard has essentially become an invitational. As the longest running KCBS contest in Georgia there are many more teams who want in than there are slots for. The space in their little town is very limited and the folks who run the event give last year's competitors first dibs on coming back before accepting applications from other teams. What openings do become available are typically filled six months in advance.

I know it's frustrating; it took us three years to get in. My advice is that you call Jane Tomlin and let her know you're willing to come in at the last minute in case there are any cancellations. If you can be prepared to go with a moment's notice there's a chance you can bag a slot in the last week if another team has to pull out for some reason.

Dillard has essentially become an invitational. As the longest running KCBS contest in Georgia there are many more teams who want in than there are slots for. The space in their little town is very limited and the folks who run the event give last year's competitors first dibs on coming back before accepting applications from other teams. What openings do become available are typically filled six months in advance.

I know it's frustrating; it took us three years to get in. My advice is that you call Jane Tomlin and let her know you're willing to come in at the last minute in case there are any cancellations. If you can be prepared to go with a moment's notice there's a chance you can bag a slot in the last week if another team has to pull out for some reason.

That is the truth there.
We did Dillard a couple of years ago and then missed a couple of years.
Put our name "on the list" in Jan of this year.
No vacancies.
Jane called me just a couple of days ago because of cancellations.
We have become "otherwise committed" and I had to decline.

It is a good contest.
To be honest, it is not a great contest.
But, it is in a beautiful location, the local support is good, and it is a "tradition".
So, demand for a few places is high.

TIM

I just got an email from jane. we got a spot. I think this will be one of two comps we do before the end of the year. Should be fun. Thanks for your help.

Glad that you could get in...

We always have a great time up there and really look forward to coming back each year...I think that is true of everyone....and taking a walk in Dillard is a real accomplishment consider who is there every year...

Back