A BBQ Brethren Event **NYS Championship. 4th annual Battle of The BBQ Brethren. August 7-8. Application is up ***

What about Timbucktu....That's a T

Phil got it in first, he's slugging with us. Where do you get beer????

I am making some infused vinegars with home-grown herbs that I'll send out to someone (can't carry them on, as I might blow something up with the vinegar)

I guess that means Graeter's Ice Cream in the 12 pint travel pack with chemical dry ice is out of the question too.. :icon_blush:

Last edited:
The ice cream to get from Ohio isn't Graeter's... It's Jeni's Ice Cream, from Columbus... incredible stuff. It can all be shipped, I know.

Tennessee or Texas. I like Ts!

I love Tennessee. If I had to choose a place to live and work and family weren't a consideration, that would be the state I'd choose. I'll be there after Thanksgiving hanging out in the Smokey Mountains for a couple of days.

Any idea on how many times we have so far? Just curious how many teams I'm going to have to beat.

Hello all....I believe sombody was interested in me listing the up to date registered competitors of this competition. Here they are in no particular order.
1. Team BigBarryQ
2. "Up in Smoke BBQ"
3. Smokenstein and his smokin bride
4. Purple pork masters
5. Ma's Que Crew
6. Yankee Rebels
7. T'N'T Dynamite BBQ
8. Smokin Irish
9. Big Guns BBQ
10. Bad Ass competition BBQ

I'm sure we'll have quite a few more before it starts. A lot of teams probably wait until closer to time just to make sure they can make it.

ok.. i know there a re a few names missing from that list.. BUT WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE!!!! Come on guys! Sign up, or at least let us know whos coming..we had 47 teams last year. Now we have a better location AND better weather. Where is everyone???

I am 1,000 percent in just couldn't get the app in yet. Don't know what the other sissies are using as an excuse.

ok.. i know there a re a few names missing from that list.. BUT WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE!!!! Come on guys! Sign up, or at least let us know whos coming..we had 47 teams last year. Now we have a better location AND better weather. Where is everyone???

http://www.mainelybbq.com/ ? :becky:

On a more serious note, does it count as a "new contest" because of the new venue, or do you need to get to a full complement of teams?

Last edited:
no, this is a 4th year contest with 'change of venue'.

we went over last years contests roster and possibly 3 teams we know of were going to maine.. the Maine and LI contests are 340 miles apart. Time wise, we tried to stay away from hudson valley and troy which are closer.

Chubby Hubby will be there, got the app filled out just keep forgetting to send it in.

Grim Reaper will be there minus our pit master,hopefully he makes it Sunday. Should have the app submitted in a week or two.

The Blazin' Buttz will definitely be there. Our app will be sent in shortly.

Out of the Ashes's App was put in the mail last night.
Whoop-whoop!

no, this is a 4th year contest with 'change of venue'.

we went over last years contests roster and possibly 3 teams we know of were going to maine.. the Maine and LI contests are 340 miles apart. Time wise, we tried to stay away from hudson valley and troy which are closer.

Phil,

I have already posted a request for a list of teams already registered. We have all kinds of trouble with our local post office and it would be nice to see if the PAL have actually recieved our application and check since it was mailed many weeks ago.

Phil,

I have already posted a request for a list of teams already registered. We have all kinds of trouble with our local post office and it would be nice to see if the PAL have actually recieved our application and check since it was mailed many weeks ago.

If you pm SCPD PAL he might be able to let you know directly if your app was received.

It's good to see that your competing again! See ya there.

Eric

Back