This is Nacho Cheddar Blue Cheese Burger Happy Meal

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Today is the official start of the Happy Meal Throwdown!

I decided to do a Cheeseburger Happy Meal.

Now, a Cheeseburger Happy Meal traditionally comes with a Cheeseburger, Fries, Drink and a nifty little toy that makes the kids happy!:thumb:

So I put some burger patties and some sliced potatoes on the grill...
r_IMG_1218.jpg

I flipped them as appropriate...
r_IMG_1219.jpg

Then I packaged it up for serving, along with a drink and a toy.
r_IMG_1224.jpg

r_IMG_1225.jpg

In case you're wondering, this is Nacho Cheddar Blue Cheese Burger Happy Meal.

I just stopped by the local McD's and asked for the Nacho Cheeseburger Thermapen Happy Meal and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I hate inconsistency in large corporations!

:becky:

i just stopped by the local mcd's and asked for the nacho cheeseburger thermapen happy meal and they didn't seem to know what i was talking about. I hate inconsistency in large corporations!

lol :-d

Chris, you just made my day with that post and pron! I actually laughed out loud with delight!! Very delicious looking, and yeah... I want that toy with my happy meal!!

I just stopped by the local McD's and asked for the Nacho Cheeseburger Thermapen Happy Meal and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I hate inconsistency in large corporations!

Available only at participating locations :becky:

Very nice Mr. Byte! Did that also come with the extra special funny prize at the end of the meal? :heh:

Everything looks absolutely delicious, but I'm thinking it's not going to be so happy without any broccoli, ... just sayin'. :tsk:

Sheeze, I knew there had to be a catch!

Hey Byte, how long do the tater wedges take, and do you do them indirect?
Before lighting up the charcoal, I put the wedges in a hot (like hot from the tap) brine to draw out some of the starch and to add a little salt and flavor in them. Then I oil 'em up and on the grill, then hit them with seasoning. I normally do them direct for just a bit on each side, then finish indirect, but I did these indirect the whole way to avoid the grill marks and charring on the edges (I like the flavor with the marks and charring better). Took about 35 minutes before they were tender.

Well, it's really plain in the pic of course, but this allows you to "have it your way", even though it's nachos.

That looks more like cheeseburger nachos than a nacho cheeseburger.

CD

Back