MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #151
Pa_BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevineSwine View Post
Iam no fire marshal but some stuff here screams 911

Thats why I did not post until now, all this except the trailer TS120 was on my front porch, with BBQ matts under them. I feel better now and man does our porch look nice. Painted the railings and just the floor to go but so much nicer having a dedicated place for the Que.
PK360
Fireboard, CyberQ
Pa_BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #152
TeamGreene
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMROCKS View Post
Thanks! Well it took a little more than I expected but It looks a lot more expensive than it really is. I was able to make the most out of some cheaper materials. The "siding" on the back of the bar was made from fence pickets. I just cut the dog ears off and put it up just like wood siding. I made the cabinet doors out of damn ole PT pine and left over metal from the roof. The bar top is tile instead of solid stone or granite. The sink was reused from a kitchen upgrade. The dishwasher was a freebie -use to be a pull out of the pantry and roll up to the sink type. etc...
Ya I could tell from the pics that it was 1x6 fence pickets. I like the solid wall deal but we have some fierce winds here in the desert so I don't know if it would be ok without some lateral shear to help out with the wind load.

I really like the metal roof that was what I wanted to do. I was thinking of doing the bar out of metal studs and then doing stucco but I might go the rustic siding look like you did I think it will look better and might be less expensive.
TeamGreene is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #153
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa_BBQ View Post
Funny you should ask, I have to admit as hot as it is I drank a few beers towards the end.

Now granted its nothing compared to yours but at least its off my front porch now and as you can see I have room to expand.

The little shed behind is my man cave and still undecided how I will add to it but keep getting great ideas from here.
Looking damn good!! Any thoughts on adding some power? Maybe a hanging fan or some lights... Maybe pull some tunes from the cave

Old 06-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #154
Haltech
Full Fledged Farker

[COLOR=Lime]GREEN[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen][B]Top Gear Formula Model[/B][/COLOR] Therm0Pen
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Magenta"]Rubs Of Choice - [COLOR="Black"][B]Jacked UP BBQ & Plowboys Yardbird[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #155
Pa_BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Looking damn good!! Any thoughts on adding some power? Maybe a hanging fan or some lights... Maybe pull some tunes from the cave
Yes, have both in the cave, just have to run some wire.
Have a frige in the garage, but thinking of adding one to the cave to save a few steps.

The TS120 will not be under the shelter except for winter, just wanted to make sure she would fit.
PK360
Fireboard, CyberQ
Pa_BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #156
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
Like the fast eddys!! Looks like you mean business

Old 06-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #157
jetmech
Got rid of the matchlight.

Nice set up,I grew up in San Leandro,I am right outside of Memphis now. I miss Cali. a lot of my High school friends live in Livermore. Jay
jetmech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #158
Two Bears
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv3ctiv3 View Post
you win!

no S H I T !

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-22-2011, 06:15 AM   #159
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bears View Post
no S H I T !
What's the prize?

Old 06-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #160
GreenDrake
is One Chatty Farker

Man this thread is inspiring. Having had to stuff three cookers on my small deck off the kitchen and cook in inclement weather over the years, I decided this year was the year to build something. Nothing on the level of AMROCKS' masterpiece, something more along the lines of using what's available to start.

I plan on cutting out some sod in my lawn out back, then cutting down some 8 or 10 inch trees on a friend's property for the pillars. Going to mount the tree trunks on pier blocks and use a couple glue lams for cross members. From there, not sure how I will finish it, thinking of just using tree branches to make faux truss supports, maybe redneck it up a little and have it clean, but rustic with some corrugated steel roofing, indirect lighting and hidden speakers for the tunes.
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #161
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Man this thread is inspiring. Having had to stuff three cookers on my small deck off the kitchen and cook in inclement weather over the years, I decided this year was the year to build something. Nothing on the level of AMROCKS' masterpiece, something more along the lines of using what's available to start.

I plan on cutting out some sod in my lawn out back, then cutting down some 8 or 10 inch trees on a friend's property for the pillars. Going to mount the tree trunks on pier blocks and use a couple glue lams for cross members. From there, not sure how I will finish it, thinking of just using tree branches to make faux truss supports, maybe redneck it up a little and have it clean, but rustic with some corrugated steel roofing, indirect lighting and hidden speakers for the tunes.
Sounds cool to me!! just make sure to get lots of pics... Wish I would have taken more along the build.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #162
stephan
is one Smokin' Farker

This my sanctuary its not a big area but its well protected from the wind. I have about a 600 sq ft paver block patio for entertaining but my wife would put me on the grill if I got greasy.

Last edited by stephan; 08-11-2011 at 07:44 PM..
stephan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #163
King
Full Fledged Farker

All of these BBQ spaces are ridiculously amazing!

Here is my humble space...
Attachment 54120

22.5" Weber Smoky Mountain Smoker
22.5" Weber OTG
Weber Spirit E-310
Brinkman offset smoker
Brinkman ECB smoker (modified)
UDS (under construction)

Last edited by King; 02-09-2013 at 01:23 PM..
King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #164
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
All of these BBQ spaces are ridiculously amazing!

Here is my humble space...
Attachment 54120
How do you choose witch cooker to use? I know it depends on what type of food... but lets say you are cooking steaks tonight - You have five+ different cookers to choose from . Nice toys you got there

Old 06-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #165
King
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
How do you choose witch cooker to use? I know it depends on what type of food... but lets say you are cooking steaks tonight - You have five+ different cookers to choose from . Nice toys you got there
Most of my cooks happen on the kettle because I grill/BBQ at least 4 times a week. Kettle is fast to set up and easier to clean than the others (except the gasser). If I was cooking steaks tonight, I'd fire up my kettle.

I just got the WSM recently for my graduation, it hasn't been fired up yet. The rest are used on the weekends for parties/amateur competitions. The WSM will be my main smoker with the UDS as my backup. I need to make some mods to the offset before I fire it up again, I might fix it up and sell it since I got it for free anyways. The ECB is my first smoker, I'm giving it to my boys.

It's fun having them, they each have their own personality...

22.5" Weber Smoky Mountain Smoker
22.5" Weber OTG
Weber Spirit E-310
Brinkman offset smoker
Brinkman ECB smoker (modified)
UDS (under construction)
King is offline   Reply With Quote