Funkotorium Event Trailer - Built IT

• Thread starter barbefunkoramaque
  • Start date
I don't wish to me rude, or mean, but I don't believe you. Getting a trailer inpected to haul (obtaining a license plate) is quite different than getting a visit from the fire marshall while you're using it. I doubt any professional competition inspector would it allow it to be used.

In a trailer, or any occupied structure, putting any grill in from of an exit is a violation, for obvious reasons.

Now I will be more direct.

You are clueless.

After calling me a liar, and after your statement, to which I assume you read mine as you saw it fit to call me a liar (as I specifically mentioned the Health department forced me to get a fire marshal's approval for the City of New London - approval for them to give me the go ahead) I now KNOW you do not know what you are talking about.

In fact, initially when I called the City of New London the marshal said he didn't care what the trailer had on it because it was an outdoor structure and not attached to a building. I had to insist he come because it would be NEXT to other similar structures at various events which may in fact be next to a building enough to set it on fire. He came.

In addition, the trailer was seen by maybe another 4 marshalls from other counties in that state with no commentary.

There are maybe 16 companies I know of that design a mobile commissary with pits attached and even open grills.

So, your arguments exist in an alternative reality.

Look carefully, particularly at the original/first/before pic. His main exit is
located on the other side of the trailer, back by the bathroom & bedroom...
The door facing the cooker would be the 2nd door.

And if a fire breaks out from the inside, blocking the other exit, what happens?

C'Mon, this is common sense, exactly why it's a code violation, and should be.

Guy,

You show a picture of a serving wagon... apples to oranges as to what you built.

I commend you for your skills as a builder, but the dangers of this are all too obvious.

BBQ is fun. Trailering is fun... but not worth a life.

Well then, its fortunate people who speak out of their arse cannot ascend to positions of authority. LOL

I hear your concerns, they are unwarranted, a similar design has been approved by the state of Texas now and submitted to the same authorities when I decide to build it... so looks like you are alone in this.

Look carefully, particularly at the original/first/before pic. His main exit is
located on the other side of the trailer, back by the bathroom & bedroom...
The door facing the cooker would be the 2nd door.

Funk, what type of tongue weight does this thing have? What would
you tow that with?...

Wow, looks cool.

Not to mention the entire back two windows are "knock out" windows.

I towed it with am E250 my partner had. Trucks suck! LOL Vans are cool because you forget all the space needed for BUN storage for two days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well then, its fortunate people who speak out of their arse cannot ascend to positions of authority. LOL

I hear your concerns, they are unwarranted, a similar design has been approved by the state of Texas now and submitted to the same authorities when I decide to build it... so looks like you are alone in this.

Sorry to the mods, I should not have answered in kind.

Say its not so!! Another one?

And if a fire breaks out from the inside, blocking the other exit, what happens?

You know this guy could be right - what if I myself were to burst into flames.

I remember also another detail that was funny. The firemarshall sat in the back before I had torn out the furniture and he told me all the things I could do to make the trailer more safe. The one joke he made was my laptop charger in fact was on recall. He said after as many fires as he had seen in the last 3 -4 years, LOL, the laptop was the most dangerous thing I had on board.

He was glad to see it gone (i got a new one) when I served up Que at the Ledyard Fair - (to which he approved of my trailer mind you). We had a good laugh...

I could see how humorous it would be, making all these precautions and ending up being killed by my laptop inches away.

It seems completely asinine to argue about something that no longer even exists.

I think the trailer was cool.

Say its not so!! Another one?

Yeah I am afraid so... but like I said, after my teacher's certification. Thing is, I am waiting for a good damaged trailer to come up. You would think after IKE there would be some.

Who wants to spend $$ only to have to cut it up.

Mark from Grandbury... up a ways along a dirt road from the Pate Museum used to be an abandoned observatory at the top of a hill. Whatever happened to that?

Mark from Grandbury... up a ways along a dirt road from the Pate Museum used to be an abandoned observatory at the top of a hill. Whatever happened to that?

The Pate Museum is still there, although the air force took back some (most) of the planes. It isn't nearly as big as it used to be.

I'm not sure about the observatory... I'll have to check it out next time I pass by on my way to Fort Worth.

yeah I have searched for it using google satellite and can't find it. They may have built houses though.

why did the airforce take them back.... maybe pate leased them. I bet he did.

It seems completely asinine to argue about something that no longer even exists.

I think the trailer was cool.

Totally agree with Mark, it was very cool, and I figured you would have taken care any hazards. Sometimes if you don't have anything good to say, one should say nothing.:biggrin:

If a fire were to break out from the inside (Funk spontaneous combustion?)
and blocks the other exit?

He has 2 exits, correct? Wouldn't he simply go out the other exit? Or
the emergency break-out window?

Shoot, I have a 30' RV with only 1 door. There's a reason the windows
are knock-out emergency windows... If there's a fire between me &
that door, and it's not caused by my girlfriend and I doin' the hoochie
koo, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm popping that emergency
hatch in a jiffy, without any hesitation whatsoever.

Looks to me like the Funkabbqmobile has that as a built-in...

If a fire were to break out from the inside (Funk spontaneous combustion?)
and blocks the other exit?

He has 2 exits, correct? Wouldn't he simply go out the other exit? Or
the emergency break-out window?

Shoot, I have a 30' RV with only 1 door. There's a reason the windows
are knock-out emergency windows... If there's a fire between me &
that door, and it's not caused by my girlfriend and I doin' the hoochie
koo, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm popping that emergency
hatch in a jiffy, without any hesitation whatsoever.

Looks to me like the Funkabbqmobile has that as a built-in...

I think buddy you underestimate the very possible scenario that people would in fact build a fire around my trailer, block all the exits, then stand outside with guns and sell tickets to the event. LOL

I think buddy you underestimate the very possible scenario that people would in fact build a fire around my trailer, block all the exits, then stand outside with guns and sell tickets to the event. LOL

Why is it that I can actually picture that happening? :confused:

Thanks for the laugh.

Barbefunkoramaque and btcg went on a BBQing competition in the Funkatorium. After a good event, they lay down for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later, Barbefunkoramaque awoke and nudged his safety conscious friend.

Barbefunkoramaque said: "btcg, look up and tell me what you see".
Btcg said: "I see a fantastic panorama of countless stars".

Barbefunkoramaque : "And what does that tell you?"

btcg pondered for a moment: "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow."

"Why? - What does it tell you, Barbefunkoramaque?"

Barbefunkoramaque was silent for a moment then spoke: "Someone has stolen our Funkatorium."

Apologies to the original author.

Mike D

Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque

Donnie,
Are you negotiating with TLC to be on pitmasters 2 ?
This might make a great episode.:)
jon

Back