New Pizza Oven

I would say 45 minutes or so to get around that 900 mark and have the stones fully saturated. This was in a 45 degree garage. Would be quicker in the summer time outside I'd imagine.

Wow those are some great pies and you really nailed the NY style!

I was definitely a fan of the NY. Will be working more on that style going forward. Suppose the next oven I buy will be a Waring deck oven now :p

I don't have any trouble with 12" pizzas- one of those is just right for the missus and I. If you are one of those who just has to have a 16"- well you might be overcompensating for.... something or other.

I got to go.

Nice pies btw- if the wife was not (always) on a diet or I should be on one, I'd love to have a pizza oven that was not my "kitchen oven".

I don't have any trouble with 12" pizzas- one of those is just right for the missus and I. If you are one of those who just has to have a 16"- well you might be overcompensating for.... something or other.

I got to go.

Nice pies btw- if the wife was not (always) on a diet or I should be on one, I'd love to have a pizza oven that was not my "kitchen oven".

I'm on a strict diet 5.5 days a week. The other 1.5 days keep me sane and sustainable.

There down here as well
Great looking pizza mate

I wanted to do a comparison between my kitchen oven and the Ardore for NY style. Kitchen pizza was 13" (supposed to be 14 for same thickness as Ardore pizza) and Ardore was 12". Otherwise most other factors were pretty close. The Ardore pizza cooked quicker on the top, which resulted in a less cooked bottom. It was too floppy for my preference. But I did like the cornicione better then the kitchen oven. Will make a couple adjustments and try NY again in the Ardore.

First pizza kitchen oven.
Second Ardore

Last edited:
They both look tasty!

Thanks for the comparison info too.

4 from the Ardore tonight. A couple of these cooked in about 50 seconds. Some of my fastest cooks. I measured 960 in one corner of the oven. The beauty is, with the saputo floor, no burning!

Last edited:
Back