• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Real quick cross rib roast question

S

suprfast

I think this is the cut i picked up from the market last night. I want to shred it, and its currently at 150°F. About what temp do i want to get it to for shredding? What else can i do with it in case i cant wait as long:).

I should have asked this earlier today.

kris

I have never taken a cross rib roast to pulling temperature. I always cook it to 130F and slice thin for sandwiches. I would think it has to go just like any other cut of beef, 190F or so. Not sure it will work though.

I have never taken a cross rib roast to pulling temperature. I always cook it to 130F and slice thin for sandwiches. I would think it has to go just like any other cut of beef, 190F or so. Not sure it will work though.

Thanks. I should have bought a chuck roll.
kris

Take it to 180 to chop it, 190+ to pull it. The cross rib is part of the chuck, and you can treat it the same.

wound up dry. guess ill have to try again, and again, and again. i love practice.
kris

Wish I could have caught you quicker..I was going to say foil it to finish.:doh:

I would have foiled. I took it up to roughly 155 and it just seemed dry to me. Maybe i did something wrong.

Back