Orange Marmalade & Pear Spiral — Pork Loin w/ The Fabled Corn Pudding

Cracklin Jeorge

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Greetings. I'm new here but no stranger to quality Q and... I have had the privilege and pleasure to meet a few of you and taste your finer fares at a bash hosted by Rick of Rick's Tropical Delight.

So as a way of giving back I'd like to share 2 of my creations...
Orange Marmalade & Pear Spiral Pork Loin and The Fabled Corn Pudding.
First Da Loin—
Loin1.jpg
Start with a stock loin w/ a nice fatty top
Loin2.jpg
Spiral slice
Loin3.jpg
The fillings and toppings
Loin3b.jpg
Mix to taste... Don't be afraid of making it too hot the pears and marmalade counter act a lot of the heat
Loin4.jpg
Smoke to 170° internal Temp finish in foil for 30 minutes or so.
Loin5.jpg

and Da Puddin
Corn Pudding.jpg
Start with 6 eggs, 1 1/2 Pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
Corn Pudding1.jpg
Tear up 6 Croissants and mix together with the eggs and cream. Cover and let stand in the refrigerator for at least 3 Hrs (over night works great)
CornPudding2.jpg
Next mix in 2 Cans of White Cream-Style Corn; 1 can of White Whole Kernel Corn, and 1 can off sweetened condensed milk. Put in a smoker safe dish and sprinkle with brown sugar — cook at about 350° until the center has just a little jiggle.
KY Kitchen.jpg
Fully Loaded!
CornPudding4.jpg
Viola — Corn Pudding and Spiraled Pork Loin!

Bowhnter likes Jeorge's loin...

Pass ti on! :-D

Good looking grub, Jeorge!

$amn, photos should be banned on this site, drool all over the keyboard!!!!!

Last edited:
could you expand on your technique to "spiral slice" your loin?

Spiral Slice Technique

Boatnut,

It's far from a perfect science, I just take a fillet knife and go in about an inch under the fat side and make a cut about 2" deep down the length of the loin. Rotate and repeat until that beautiful loin you bought is flat.

This is when most people say... "OMG! What have I done?!" But don't panic it will turn out just fine. Now you just fill it with your favorite chutney and roll it back up. If it doesn't want to stay together wrap it in bacon. Ahhh heck wrap it in bacon anyway — it will only make it better.

Another great filling is... Whole Plum preserves, honey, rosemary, pecans and some But Rub.

Enjoy!

Now that has givin me some ideas :biggrin:. Good lookin' grub, right there!

Back