MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
biggs98
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Pork Dilemma

Long story short, I made too muck pork for a party(2 extra 8lb butts). Here's the thing, it went right from the smoker to the Cambro and then to the party and it stayed in the Cambro for about 8hours double foiled not pulled. I took it home and put it in the oven for a hour at 325 thinking I was going to pull it then and separate it into packages but that didn't happen. Instead I passed out on the couch and wifey took it out of the stove and put it in the fridge.
Now the BIG Question???????
1. Can I chop it up cold and separate it to be reheated later or is the meat no good anymore??????
[B][COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Yellow"]Joe[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] - [B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Black"]CHUBBY HUBBY BBQ - [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Black"]Humphreys[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="black"][COLOR="Yellow"]Pint[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] / STAINLESS UDS(Build in Progress)/2 UDS /1 WSM / Weber Gasser/ 22.5 Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36/ The Absolute Fastest Super Fast [B][U][B][I]BLACK[/I][/B][/U][/B] Thermapen[COLOR="Black"][/COLOR]
biggs98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Until it went into the fridge, was it kept above 140F? If so, then no problems.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
jeffturnerjr
is One Chatty Farker

As far as food safety, I think your fine. As far as how delicious it might be, that's a chance you're going to have to take!

Old 09-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
biggs98
is one Smokin' Farker

Just don't want anyone getting sick on my food, I would feel horrible
[B][COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Yellow"]Joe[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] - [B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Black"]CHUBBY HUBBY BBQ - [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Black"]Humphreys[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="black"][COLOR="Yellow"]Pint[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] / STAINLESS UDS(Build in Progress)/2 UDS /1 WSM / Weber Gasser/ 22.5 Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36/ The Absolute Fastest Super Fast [B][U][B][I]BLACK[/I][/B][/U][/B] Thermapen[COLOR="Black"][/COLOR]

Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
biggs98
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I didn't probe it when I got home so I'm not 100%

Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
landarc

Then this becomes one of those gray areas. I would suspect they are fine, but, a lot depends on how comfortable you are with the risk. 8 hours in a non-heated cambro, even if foiled, is on the long end of keeping the heat up enough. Then again, it was fully cooked and it is likely that nothing went wrong.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
IamMadMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I agree with Landarc....... 140 and above is good...

I have vac-sealed and frozen whole butts in gallon vacuum seal bags. Just thaw, reheat with Apple Juice in the pan on a low grill or in the oven, and then pull when hot.

Not as good as freshly cooked but very good.....
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
mrbill
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffturnerjr View Post
As far as food safety, I think your fine. As far as how delicious it might be, that's a chance you're going to have to take!
+1 except I think w/some sauce/cut/slicing ingenuity, it'll taste okay, but not great.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:31 AM   #9
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

What was the outside temp where the cambro was at? Double wrapped in a cambro this time of year, my guess is it is OK. I would probably eat it myself but might be more apprehensive about serving it to others.
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2013, 04:59 AM   #10
Skidder
Babbling Farker

I agree with the statement above. Save those for yourself then you only have to worry about you. Food poisoning is no joke it can kill. There probably just fine but think about the others. A piece of meat just ain't worth the risk. I'm sure you'll be making and pleasing others with more fine cooks.
Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote