THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Yes I know its a bbq forum but she recently tried the Vidalia Onion dressing that we sent on a salad. No report didnt happen. So with that said.... Would it be good as a marinade? Especially Deer Backstraps, Pork Loin, Chicken, Shrimp? What did it taste like? Sweet Sour, Overpowering ect. Inquiring minds want to know. don't worry no pic needed.... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

lol :lol: Dang it.... I had a salad last night with the Vidalia Onion Dressing. I didn't think I could get away with posting a salad picture here. :lol:

The dressing is great!! It was sweet and creamy.
I love it and will try it on some shrimp... thanks for the suggestion Ashmont!! :-D

It wasn't as twangy as a vinegar/oil based dressing but I bet it would be good as a marinade for some deer, fish or shrimp. I will see what I can come up with and let you know.
The salad was great! lol

Dang , they're putting you to work Jeanie. Post something nasty and maybe they'll leave ya alone.

lol :lol: Dang it.... I had a salad last night with the Vidalia Onion Dressing. I didn't think I could get away with posting a salad picture here. :lol:

Just make sure you remember the fruit!

I'm sure your salad would include home raised shrimp and home made bacon bits & loin bacon, some smoked cheese, scotch eggs... what am I missing here?? I know Jeanie's salad has some surprises in it! :biggrin:

The dressing is great!! It was sweet and creamy.
I love it and will try it on some shrimp... thanks for the suggestion Ashmont!! :-D

It wasn't as twangy as a vinegar/oil based dressing but I bet it would be good as a marinade for some deer, fish or shrimp. I will see what I can come up with and let you know.
The salad was great! lol

See I told ya would like it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

I live right down the road from where those onions are grown in Georgia.

Paul B
SS UDS

Last edited:
Yes I have and have my own opinions but want to see what hers will be..... Then I will tell you mine. I will give you one and that it is very nice paired with Shrimp.....

As promised here are my opinions! Fish , Shrimp (as a sauce with incorporate heavy cream and some pasta), Salad are a definite. Dont see beef or pork! Chicken prolly cut with a little EVOO as a flavor glaze. Marinade for backstraps... Yum Just my2cents....

Back