Salt Lick BBQ in Round Rock Texas

J

JP

Just got back from visiting my folks in Austin. They took me to this new restaurant called The Salt Lick. Wow, this was the best BBQ I've ever had from a restaurant. We had Turkey, Brisket, Chicken, and some sausage.

The sauce was great too. Apparently, they have been smoking for a bunch of years out in Driftwood, TX and finally opened another joint up. Good eats if you ever get in that area. The new place is by Dell Diamond Stadium for you locals.

Just curios what you Austin people think of that place. I also want to add, there is a newspaper article up in the restaraunt bagging on Californians saying we do not know what good Que is. Very funny, but I think they were aiming it at the chain restaurants who boil ribs, couldn't have been directed at us Brethren! :icon_pissed

I loved it when i lived in Austin, BTW they opened a Salt lick in Las Vegas also and tastes just as good

I myself just was at the one in Driftwood good eats. My wife and I liked this place the best out of all that we were at while in Texas and we went to a lot of them. BBQ places that is.

I ate there this past 4th of July and had a great meal!

It's like you celebrated mine and the Mrs 9th wedding anniversary.:biggrin:

I like their bottled sauces. i can get them here at Central Market.

Back