Butts and Brisket

L

Larry Wolfe

I have a luncheon I'm catering at work next Thursday, so I'm off today and want to get the meat done. Doing 2 butts and 1 brisket on the WSM today and will vac seal and freeze, then reheat at work on thursday. I am using the extension ring just to raise the butts up a bit from the water pan. No reason in particular, just easier for me to reach the bottom shelf this way. But I still have room underneath the butts with it if I wanted to add another brisket!
5--9-08002.jpg
5--9-08004.jpg
5--9-08009.jpg

Them's gonna be good...why didn't you put the butts over the brisket, just curious, I've always heard that was the way to do it.

Them's gonna be good...why didn't you put the butts over the brisket, just curious, I've always heard that was the way to do it.

I like to foil my briskets around 165*, so with it being on the top it makes it easier to get to and the brisket will be done way before the butts will. :biggrin:

Very nice. I too would like to know what you rubbed on your butts and brisket. Can't wait to see the finished pron!

Larry,

Where did you get that rack on the bottom with the long handles? Thats what I have been looking for to make it easier to get the meat off that bottom rack.

I'm here! But I don't know anything about what rub was used or the handle thingy.

I do know it looks really tasty up above.

Sorry guys everything finished up late last night, was cooled, then refridgerated and will be vacuum sealed this morning! From the taste samples I had I think everyone will be happy! Today I will do the chicken!

The "Extension Ring" was something a friend of mine designed and had a handful of them made. At the time he did it there didn't seem to be alot of interest so it got swept under the rug. I'll post another clearer pic of it at the bottom of this thread if someone has the know how to make one this may give them a good reference. In the last picture the extension ring is turned upside down in order for the WSM lid to fit.

5--10-08013.jpg
3-14-08067.jpg
5--10-08015.jpg
5--10-08019.jpg
4-20-08014.jpg

Extension ring

Food looks great!! im gonna cook a brisket this sunday i think just to kill some time !

With the extension ring does it give u an extra rack so u have 3 racks in the WSM? guess its early in the AM and just aint understanding it well.

Food looks great!! im gonna cook a brisket this sunday i think just to kill some time !

With the extension ring does it give u an extra rack so u have 3 racks in the WSM? guess its early in the AM and just aint understanding it well.

Yes with one extension ring it will give you an additional top or bottom grate, depending on where you put it. But with a second one you could have 4 grates on the WSM.

brisket

Look'n nice Larry, I'm sure the folks at work are looking foward to this treat!

Looks great, Larry.
Great job. Thanks for sharing the pictures.:wink:

Back