• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cambro

layne

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
What the difference between all the styles of Cambro warmers?
I want one that will hold 3 or 4 full size pans.

I did some serious looking into that, and ended up buying a 4-pan Cambro clone from Rubbermaid.

What I could tell for the official Cambro products, they have the one with the handles that stick up on the front and back, that one I think uses a gasket and holds 3 pans. There's a different version that holds 4 pans, that one can be had with a regular insulated door or a heating door (electric heating, not suitable for KCBS).

Looking back, I wish I had bought a 3-pan version instead of a 4-pan. It's just plain overkill, I don't need to hold that much meat at once, and wasted space means your meats don't hold temp as long. Ideally you want to load that sucker up for things to stay nice and toasty warm--the more thermal mass, the better.

I like the 300 model of the Cambros. The reason being, that if I load it up with as much stuff it can hold, I can still lift it. The 400 loaded becomes a two man process.

Thanks guys. I ordered a 300 model from WEBstaurant store.
$189.99 plus $24.79 shipping.

At the company I work part time for, we have the 3 pan cambros, mostly because they are easy for the staff to move. I bought a 3 pan at an auction last week for $65, it was used and needs one latch. Deals like that are rare at this particular auction.

Back