Oakridge surprise!

jermoQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I told my lovely lady the other day I wanted to try some Jah Love and get more Secret Weapon. She said "got it ordered". Today, this showed up. I may be a little bit overly giddy...:bounce::whoo: Cant wait to fire up the cookers!

Last edited:
NICE! I'm planning on game day wangz on the new 26" kettle + vortex I just picked up. Secret Weapon and HDD will be used!

NICE! I'm planning on game day wangz on the new 26" kettle + vortex I just picked up. Secret Weapon and HDD will be used!

I was extra excited about the HDD because I like spice. I have to figure out how to use it cautiously though... I am not sure that my family will dig it. However, I will definitely try that combo since I have seen multiple people who like those two together.

I was extra excited about the HDD because I like spice. I have to figure out how to use it cautiously though... I am not sure that my family will dig it. However, I will definitely try that combo since I have seen multiple people who like those two together.

So I just seasoned mine with a base of Q-Salt, then a layer of Secret Weapon and a top coat of HDD. My Hogs are playing early every game this year because they're terrible so wings will be going on soon. Will report back with results but I think it's going to be really good. But I should have layered the HDD after the Q-Salt and before the Secret Weapon. With the SW already down, it was tough to tell how much HDD I was applying. Oh well, the wife and I both love heat so I'm not too worried about it. May have to pound a few more brews than usual to cool things off.

As long as you apply a lighter coat, or cut it with something else, the heat is not bad at all....of course that's all relative and everyone has different tolerance. However, you do a nice full coverage and itll be a sinus cleanser. Love the stuff.

So I just seasoned mine with a base of Q-Salt, then a layer of Secret Weapon and a top coat of HDD. My Hogs are playing early every game this year because they're terrible so wings will be going on soon. Will report back with results but I think it's going to be really good. But I should have layered the HDD after the Q-Salt and before the Secret Weapon. With the SW already down, it was tough to tell how much HDD I was applying. Oh well, the wife and I both love heat so I'm not too worried about it. May have to pound a few more brews than usual to cool things off.
This turned out really good, I'd repeat. I'd guess I had a moderate amount of HDD and it was well balanced by the sweetness in the Secret Weapon. And the Q-Salt added the needed salt to the mix. Had a ramekin of blue cheese dip on standby but it wasn't needed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You ought to think about keeping her.

I told her on our 80th anniversary, I wanted a divorce...I mean, at 100 I should be able to look around :wacko:. Nah, on second thought, I will just keep her in BBQ heaven as long as her cholesterol will stand it.

Back