MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
J Buck
Found some matches.

Default Hey from a new guy

New guy here on the Forum, old guy cookin'. I've been doing pork ribs for years and have it down pretty good. However I would like to perfect my Beef Ribs on the Weber Kettle. Any tips on Rubs or seasoning? I just can't seem to get the balance just right. Thanks in advance.
J Buck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
columbia1
is one Smokin' Farker

Hard to beat a simple rub of Lemon pepper and salt. If you want a little color add in some paprika.
Custom 72" reverse flow smoker, 18" WSM, Weber Elite, ECB. and misc grills.
[URL="https://www.facebook.com/TombstoneBbq?ref=hl"]Tombstone BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
columbia1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
speers90
is One Chatty Farker

Beef ribs are basically brisket point on a stick, so just season them how your like your brisket!

I prefer a little seasoning salt, followed by a mix of granulated garlic, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, pepper and a little cayenne, top that off with a mix of coarse salt and pepper.

The Beast: 500 Gallon Homemade Reverse Flow
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187401[/url]
Weber 22"
Cajun Fryer FF2
speers90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
J Buck
Found some matches.

Thanks fellas, I never considered the lemon pepper. I use a lot of Lawrys Seasoned salt in my cooking. I like it a lot. I better round up a batch of ribs and set up an experiment. So much to cook, so little time.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Are you doing beef back or beef shorts?
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
oldbill
is Blowin Smoke!

I usually season all my beef the same general way only using different ratios of spices for different cuts. I use garlic, coarse salt and coarse pepper, 50/50 on the salt and pepper for the larger cuts and for the smaller cuts like ribs I'll go with 1/3 salt to 2/3 pepper since the smaller and thinner cuts can be easily over salted. Everything gets a really good dusting with the garlic though! Welcome to the forum!!!

Old 09-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
J Buck
Found some matches.

Beef back ribs, Billy. I'm guilty of over salting sometimes. Can't seem to get the right balance of not too much saltiness and letting the flavor of the beef come through.
Thanks all!

Old 09-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
J Buck
Found some matches.

Hey, found the search tab and all kinds of good tips from folks. Put some specs on and a whole new world opened up!