Duke City Shenanigans - Stormy Saturday Ribeye & Sunday Wing Showers (w/Pr0n)

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Sunday, Pharkers and Pharkettes!

Yesterday's overtime work lead to storms approaching as I wanted to light the grill for dinner.

TuXuVHul.png

I waited out the first squall line and broke out the Oakridge 50/50 mix of Carne Crosta w/ Santa Maria.

cHJQN7yl.jpg

As I considered the ribeye timeline, I got the oven going and applied my recent favorite baked potato seasoning: a light coat of EVOO followed quickly with a heavy hand of Cavender's. Where has this been all my life!?

fow6wvGl.jpg

As the virga passed just to the West toward downtown, I started the ribeye.

9CHdbHXl.jpg

Gotta love a Vortex, offset in the kettle for indirect.... which really makes a great spot for that final sear/char.

eGMdxb4l.jpg

I've had it before, but I keep coming back to a simple slathering of good butter and a healthy dollop (or more) of Green Chile Dip on my 'tater.

r5ZvCdRl.jpg

Sunday took me on an adventure to the local ginormous Meximart, "El Super" - no photos, but the carne asada preparada (pre-marinated carne asada) was frickin' awesome for lunch.

I've had a hankerin' for wings for at least a month.... but I've been doing other things.

Good Chit, Gold Star, and Oakridge HDD make an appearance tonight.

Hk7D7xNl.jpg

More to follow.

Gotta watch for those lightning bolts, I hear they will pretty much overcook anything they strike. Good luck getting the wings done, so far the food looks great!

That is golden Brother! I'm jealous. Just as an aside, I went to two different bbq places today to try and find that 'vortex'. Sadly, they didn't even know what it was. Just selling mostly fireplaces and big green egg stufff. And overpriced 'stainless steel' grills. That's life here in Canadaland.

That Sh** Rub has peaked my interest. Local BBQ Pro Shop has it.
Nice cook

That is golden Brother! I'm jealous. Just as an aside, I went to two different bbq places today to try and find that 'vortex'.

Owens BBQ, brother.

I didn't dig too deeply on the shipping, but they've gotta be able to send it your way.

Before I had one of these, I used a poor man's Vortex of 4 firebricks in a square in the center of my kettle. Worked pretty darned good!

99vKvEYl.jpg

Nice crispy skin and delicious. Bit of smoke.

Blue Cheese Dressing, as friends don't let friends put Ranch on wings. :shock:

It's been a great interlude today. Back at it in the morning.

Y'all have a great week.

Back