MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking & Brining Salts

Notices

Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking & Brining Salts Revolutionary new way to season your food. No additives, no preservatives. Mother Nature provides the ingredients, Naturiffic provides the products. Our Gourmet Salts begin with high-end unrefined Sea Salt to which we add herbs and citrus elements. Use in recipes, at the grill or as a finishing salt. Our brining salts are formulated to be used as a Dry brine.This forum is where to get Brethren discounts, share your recipes and feedback, and help us with future product development.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John
Default Mission: Name Our New Product - List of Names

[From Previous Post]
As many of you know, we have been developing a new product in our Gourmet Salt line.
It has the working title of "X-Salt", but my wife (and the CEO of Naturiffic) has insisted on an actual name.

I don't want to give too much away, or influence your opinion in anyway, but I will tell you the parameters.

It was developed as a seasoned salt that can be used as an overall "Grilling/BBQ" salt, but has Beef as the primary target.

We are very close to commercial release..and I still don't have a damn name.

So I figured I would enlist the help of the Brethren.

Here is how we are gonna to do this.

Post your interest in this thread to qualify to receive a sample.

You must be willing to PM me your (US only) address AND give me honest feedback on the product once you receive it and try it.

We will send out samples of our new salt to the first 25 (yes 25!) posts for this new product.

When you receive the sample, do a cook with it. Let it inspire you to give it a name, then post that name in this thread.

We will then determine our favorite 10 names from the ones submitted (every suggestion in this thread will be considered, whether it is part of first 25 or not) and set up a poll with those 10 to be voted on by the Brethren.
The winner of that poll will be the name of our new product and the (first) person who submitted that name will win a Naturiffic Gift set that includes all our Gourmet Salt products...including our Harvest Brine!
[End of Previous Post]

Thanks to everyone that has participated,

I have started this thread as a continuation of this thread.
This is where I will place all the names that has been suggested. As you receive and use your salt samples feel free to suggest names here.

Here is what we have so far:

1. all good
2. AllSalt
3. AltSalt
4. ambrosia
5. beef blaster
6. beef dust
7. beef magic
8. Beef Sprinkles
9. beefalicious
10. Beeforiffic Salt
11. beefy goodness
12. Best Damn Salt
13. Bob's Seasoned Salt
14. Bovine Blast
15. Bovine Brine
16. Can't Resist Dis Rub
17. Corinthean Sea Salt
18. cow and chicken
19. cow sea salt
20. Cow Sprinkles
21. Divine Bovine
22. Fairy Dust
23. Fight Da Bland
24. Fruitless Wonder
25. Hella Good Salt
26. It's Like 10 But LOUDER
27. Lot's Wife Sea Salt
28. magic salt
29. Manatee salt
30. Meat Dirt
31. Mother Nature's Salt Plus
32. Naturally Moooooore Flavor BBQ (Beef?) Salt
33. Naturiffic Gourmet Everyday Seasoned Salt
34. Naturiffic Moo Meat Mix
35. Naturiffic Steak Searing Salt
36. Naturiffic's Salt N' Peppered
37. NaturiSalis
38. OptiSalis
39. Orgasmic Salt
40. ove Potion # 9
41. perfect protein dust
42. PETA Salt
43. Pixie Dust
44. pixie sprinkles
45. protein dust
46. protein magic
47. protein perfection
48. SalisOpti
49. SaltAll
50. Salty dog
51. Salty McSaltface
52. salzbury magic
53. sea cow salt
54. sea salt for beef
55. Seasoned salt
56. Sexy Salt
57. Sir Pork a Lot Salacious Steak Salt
58. Sir Rub-a-Lot
59. Sir Salt
60. Smart Salt
61. SS United states
62. Sultry Salt
63. The Chit
64. The Stuff
65. Twisted Salt
66. Via Salaria
67. Woke Dust
68. Wonder Salt
69. XP1
70. X-Salt
71. XXXSaltXXX
72. Zombie Dust

Last edited by SirPorkaLot; 07-13-2017 at 01:05 PM..
SirPorkaLot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
SirPorkaLot

Some clarifications:

By the power invested in me by Naturiffic, I retain veto power for any and all suggestions, even if voted on by a majority (No, I will not be naming it "Suck Dis Beef Salt" or even "Salty McSaltFace")

The name must be commercially viable and not currently in use. (i.e. Divine Bovine is already the name of a jerky, a beer, a sauce and a rub)

After the dust clears and we come to the end of the suggesting names portion, I will go through and eliminate all those that don't fit.

Hopefully we will be able to get it down to 10 or so potential names, that we will then put up for a vote.

The name that ends up coming out on top of the votes will be declared the winner (even if we decide to go with a name that was outside of what was suggested).

Good luck!
Old 07-13-2017, 06:50 PM   #3
morgan-que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Captain Morgan

Brethren salt with the quote underneath "brethren tested, brethren approved". As long as the MODS are ok with the name.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:29 PM   #4
bryonlr
is one Smokin' Farker

Q-Salt
bryonlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #5
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

My package showed up today. It may be next week before I can do a cook with it. Kids have activities all weekend. Thanks John!

Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #6
Timmy Mac
Take a breath!

Default OG salt

Got my sample yesterday. Decided to use it on a burger. Smell and taste test, just to see what I was dealing with, first thing that came to me was pepper and with the taste little bit of it all. The quality of the rub is great . So fresh!!! Reason for the name for me is, this reminds me of the original start for any rub, salt and pepper the og of any rub. Thanks for the chance to sample!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0414.jpg (67.0 KB, 123 views)
Old 07-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #7
LYU370

Got mine yesterday, quick finger taste test... Pretty darned good, not as salty as Montreal Steak, but tastier that just S&P. Good sized granules I think, smaller than kosher salt, but larger than plain table salt. Will try it out this week.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #8
Tkruse
On the road to being a farker

Thank you Sirporkalot. I received my tester on Friday. Opened for a finger test. Really good IMO. Even the wife and munchkins tried the finger test. Next up of course, was to think of something to try it on. I thought to myself, beef ribs. Always wanted to try them and there's a first for everything. Flavor profile was excellent. Did a light trim, rinse, pat dry, mustard and you're seasoning. Nothing else. Really impressed with flavor. I'll do a write up in Q shortly. Thanks for the opportunity to try your seasoning. For a name I like "One and done". Since I didn't need anything other seasoning that it by itself.
Tkruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #9
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryonlr View Post
Q-Salt
That's a great suggestion!
Old 07-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #10
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy Mac View Post
Got my sample yesterday. Decided to use it on a burger. Smell and taste test, just to see what I was dealing with, first thing that came to me was pepper and with the taste little bit of it all. The quality of the rub is great . So fresh!!! Reason for the name for me is, this reminds me of the original start for any rub, salt and pepper the og of any rub. Thanks for the chance to sample!!!
Hope you enjoyed it.
Did I miss your name suggestion?
Old 07-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #11
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Got mine yesterday, quick finger taste test... Pretty darned good, not as salty as Montreal Steak, but tastier that just S&P. Good sized granules I think, smaller than kosher salt, but larger than plain table salt. Will try it out this week.
Thanks!
Old 07-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #12
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkruse View Post
. For a name I like "One and done". Since I didn't need anything other seasoning that it by itself.
I like that a lot!
Old 07-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #13
morgan-que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Captain Morgan
Default The eagle has landed!

I received the Brethren-salt today and look forward to trying out as soon as I can. Finger to tongue test was very tasty nice pepper taste seemed to be a very good balance.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #14
Pstores
is One Chatty Farker

So the post office screwed me...... I'll call it the "Allusive Salt". Because mine disappeared...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (70.1 KB, 90 views)
Lone Star Grillz Large with reversed cart, Meadow Creek TS120p insulated firebox and stainless front shelf. Sent to a better home to be used like a stick burner should be. Weber Charcoal Summit, Cabelas Pro 100, ready to build UDS, Retired the Big Green Egg XL and Treager 070....
Pstores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #15
Pstores
is One Chatty Farker

More....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (79.0 KB, 89 views)
Lone Star Grillz Large with reversed cart, Meadow Creek TS120p insulated firebox and stainless front shelf. Sent to a better home to be used like a stick burner should be. Weber Charcoal Summit, Cabelas Pro 100, ready to build UDS, Retired the Big Green Egg XL and Treager 070....
Pstores is offline   Reply With Quote